2 iPods showing up in 1 iTunes!!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Ok, I don't know how I did it. But here is the thing....I have a 40gig and my wife has a 20gig. We both share one pc and use iTunes under a different login in XP. Her iPod was already in its doc with the check mark (not connected). I login under my account in XP place my iPod and it connects as usual. I then opened up iTunes and her iPod connects. I went in under My Computer selected her iPOd and clicked eject disk. I kicked it off but since iTunes was still loading hers connected again. iTunes loaded up and the page popped up and there were both iPods! I did the print screen thingy (woo hoo first time I did that, pretty neat) and pasted a copy of it in a word document. Thats how i was told to do it. ANyway here is a picture of the 2 ipods in 1 itunes. 2pods 1tunes

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
Ok I tried it again and got them both to show up again. I don't know if this is a work around or what. But what I did this time is have them both disconnected showing the check mark. And then open iTunes and they both went online one at a time. My iPod came on first and then hers. Both popped up in My Computer and THEN came up iTunes. You got 2 iPods try this.

MacMuse26

an0therdumbsn said:
Jesus you have alot of playlists.
I think what an0therdumsn is trying to say is...

Have you tried using the Browse function to view/play just selected artists or albums instead of making a playlist for each one? ctrl-b to activate the browser display.

Mr94Supra

Nu 12in 1.33mhz PB ownr!
Website
groups.msn.com
LOL, yeah I use it but its easier for me to just create a playlist by artist name and drag and drop new albums to that. i don't like how iTunes makes a "playlist" for every artist. Meaning say Dr. Dre's album is all his but he has Eminem on the track with him, it creates a list of Dre/Eminem for a song they both are on.

Plus its easier to find what I'm looking for on the iPod.