2.1 unlock?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

raidersfann26

4G 40GB IPod Photo
hi guys, sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm running 2.0.1 pwnad fw on a first gen iPhone. I don't really care about jailbroken or anything, however my provider is t-mobile, so I need my iPhone unlocked. Can I update to 2.1 through iTunes and will my phone still be unlocked? Or do I have to wait for the guys at pwnage to do their thing for 2.1? I just want it unlocked and 2.1 asap. I can't stand these bugs. Thanks.

anypats

You will need to wait. I have already read some posts that people have tried upgrading to 2.1 on a jailbroken iPhone and now have a non-functioning device. This will be the case with any new release from Apple, you will always need to wait. It usually doesn't take them very long though...give it a week or so.

zardoz66

Like with any hack you have to wait for the hacked FW, so for anyone to expect a hack FW day one you are asking a lot. I would give it a few days

lamoni

Mine actually stayed unlocked

I had 2.0.2 unlocked and jailbroken on my 1st gen iphone. I just updated through itunes 8 to 2.1 software and I was going to use quickpwn to unlock it but it still said T-Mobile in the screen. I thought I would just try to call and it still works! I have no idea why it still works, but it does. You can try it and see if it works for you too and if it doesn't then quickpwn has already broken it with a nice GUI. Again though, I didn't have to use quickpwn so I don't know if that works.