2.0 software is kidding....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
well, first time it was very impressive. but as time goes by, it shows a lot of bugs including draining battery life faster. one thing I don't understand is that installation process takes longer time. it is little bit better through itunes. but do it by iphone itself through wifi is taking hell of time. sometimes it looks like freezing. so here you can't ever do. even you see installing is not seemed to be processed, leave it along until finish. if you turn phone off. next time you try again? you will only see apple logo forever if you don't connect with itunes. when you hook up with itunes, it takes long time to recognize as well. today, when I reset, it shows no wifi. you can't even tap wifi button to connect. it is just grey out. reset again, it shows up. it is so weird.

daihard

archurban said:
well, first time it was very impressive. but as time goes by, it shows a lot of bugs including draining battery life faster. one thing I don't understand is that installation process takes longer time. it is little bit better through itunes. but do it by iphone itself through wifi is taking hell of time. sometimes it looks like freezing. so here you can't ever do. even you see installing is not seemed to be processed, leave it along until finish. if you turn phone off. next time you try again? you will only see apple logo forever if you don't connect with itunes. when you hook up with itunes, it takes long time to recognize as well. today, when I reset, it shows no wifi. you can't even tap wifi button to connect. it is just grey out. reset again, it shows up. it is so weird.
I agree 2.0 leaves a lot to be desired, but I personally haven't run into app install issues like you. I've probably installed 5-6 apps directly via iPhone. Each time it installed just fine, though depending upon the size of the app it took one app longer than another. That's normal.

Gr8twhitenasty

I agree with the OP with 2.0 being slower and potentially draining battery life moreso than 1.1.4 or whatever the last version was. The apps are the worst part as many of them are still rather buggy, especially after installing from the phone directly. I find that just restarting the phone always helps.

n3tfury

????? ???
i just got mine last week and have maybe 10 apps on it and haven't noticed freezing or wifi problems at all. can't speak for overall speed since i was 2.0 from the get-go.

i'd imagine that some of the apps that are being installed have something to do with some of your problems.