2.0 Finally fixed my Cover Flow issue

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Zimmy

Ever since I got the Touch on release day, I have been complaining about a bug in CoverFlow that wasn't addressed as the firmware updates came and went.

Many here said there was no bug and CoverFlow was never meant to behave like I expected.

I'm talking about when listening to music in landscape/CoverFlow, when the song changed, the album artwork and song info never did.
So, if you were listening to Led Zep's Since I've Been Loving You from Mothership, and the song changed to Heart's Barracuda, you would still be looking at Led Zep's artwork.
iTunes correctly flipped through the albums when playing the songs through it.

Well, after I got my new iPhone, I happened to have it in coverflow when listening and the song changed. Lo and behold, there are all my album covers flipping by like a jukebox finding the next song!
I pulled out my 2.0 Touch this morning and tested it, same thing!
Finally. ;) (and told you so)

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
You sure about that? I have 2.0 on my Touch and the artwork definitely does not change with the songs while in Coverflow mode. It would be nice ....

SeminoleRob

Yeah, it doesn't work for me either.

Did fix the music video issue, though. It will actually play it instead of just showing an image.

Zimmy

Just did it again to make sure.
Shuffled a playlist, put it in coverflow.
Travelling Wilbury's "Last Night", correct album artwork
Song finishes, album covers flip by rapidly.
Stops on and plays, Prodigal Son by the Stones, Beggar's Banquet artwork properly displayed.
Its a beautiful thing.

Not sure what you guys are seeing.
I have an original 1.1.2 (I think) 16GB Touch upgrade to 2.0.

Chaski

Website
www.ed-parry.com
Didnt work for me either. Just tried it.
I played a song, put it in coverflow, and it said the Artist, Album and Song Title
When that song finished, the coverflow stayed the same, but only showed Artist and Album, no longer the Song Title. It stayed there, and didn't move onto the next track.

Zimmy

Try this (and I assume you are on 2.0 of course).
Select a playlist, then press shuffle at the top, do not pick an individual song.

I don't understand how I can be the only one.

DerekVOF

2.0 and still no luck. No idea why it's working for you. Heck, it won't even change the name of the song at the bottom when the song switches. I can flip to other albums, hit pause/play twice and still nothing...

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Well, wha'dya know? My 2G Touch does do this! While in a playlist I happened to park it on its side, which put into Coverflow mode. At the end of the song that was playing, the artwork started scrolling like mad and ended up on the artwork for the next song, pretty cool! The 2G Touch has 2.1.1, so I don't know if this works on a 1G Touch with 2.1 or not (don't have one with me at the moment). I am certain that my 1G Touch with 2.0 and 2.0.1 did not do this.

Edit 1: Apparently, for this to work the scrubber bar has to be off before turning sideways to get into Coverflow.
Edit 2: You also have to play at least the last 30 seconds of a song and leave Coverflow undisturbed for it to work.

Last edited:

Dim

Website
www.lemires.com
rockmyplimsoul said:
Edit 1: Apparently, for this to work the scrubber bar has to be off before turning sideways to get into Coverflow.
Edit 2: You also have to play at least the last 30 seconds of a song and leave Coverflow undisturbed for it to work.
I'm sure one of these 2 conditions aren't being met in a typical person's testing of this feature. Indeed it is the case, it works this way on my iPhone as well.

Ninja21

My Touch having just upgraded to 2.1 is working fine with coverflow - its cool.

rockmyplimsoul said:
Well, wha'dya know? My 2G Touch does do this! While in a playlist I happened to park it on its side, which put into Coverflow mode. At the end of the song that was playing, the artwork started scrolling like mad and ended up on the artwork for the next song, pretty cool! The 2G Touch has 2.1.1, so I don't know if this works on a 1G Touch with 2.1 or not (don't have one with me at the moment). I am certain that my 1G Touch with 2.0 and 2.0.1 did not do this.

Thanks for the edits. I always had the scrubber bar on when trying this before. Never thought to turn it off. It does change when the song changes.