1gig, shuffle or nano

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Robert Ellis

I recently got a 1 gig shuffle as a gift to replace the CD walkman. I listen to music on public transport and while walking and biking. I have debated exchanging and rading up to the 1 gig nano, but do I really need the screen? I have read conflicting reports on nano durability, I need my player to withstand being in a pocket on a bike ride at the very least. I do not need to keep my whole music collection on the player, most of it stays in iTunes. Does the nano have other advanteages over the shuffle besides the screen? Gracias.

sqkdielf

i had the 'sort of' same problem.

right, if you get a nano its very expensive (if bought in shops) and very wary to buy on ebayas theirs lots that can go wroing.

if u buy a shuffle on ebay, theirs alot less that it can go wrong and its ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheaper.

ifu want your whole music collection on it, get a nano, because you can skip through an album to the song u want. (the touch wheel.

but if u usually use the shuffle function, just get a shuffle

i would say get a shuffle, especially as ur gunna be using it whilst riding/ exercising.

Last edited:

wyneken

Also, the shuffle sound quality is best. I don't know why, but all the tests I've read about seem to come to that conclusion.

melsmusic

I debated between the shuffle & the nano for my extra ipod to take where I don't want to take my large ipod.

I decided on the shuffle, it's great. I don't care about the screen because I use it just for times I want music and don't care what comes up.

The only drawback is I can't use my remote, otherwise very happy as a spare ipod for those quick trips or times you want something really nice & portable.

sqkdielf

the noly thing is with using a remote on a shuffle would be that the remote isnt that much diferent size wise tto the shuffle itself. ......someone wa trying to put the insides of their shuffle into a remote.................whats the point? there pretty much teh same.

lol

redyredred

Website
redyredred.tripod.com
Given what you've described, I would say definitely go with a Shuffle. I love mine -- use it while I'm working out and while I'm out and about. Light weight, small, and you don't have to worry about scratching a screen or the body for that matter. I'm sure the body is probably capable of getting scratched, but I never worry about it because I paid less than a $100 for mine vs. the higher price tags for my other 'pods. Totally replaceable. I don't have a Nano myself, but I could see where it would be handy if you wanted the ability to navigate to a specific song. I change out the songs on my Shuffle quite a bit and always have it on random play because I liked to be surprised!

Fergi

Sexy Lounger
Website
www.theweaselpit.com
I totally agree. Go with the Shuffle...trust me, it's sooo much more durable than the Nano. The sound quality is better, too. It's just a great music player for your needs.

-Chris