1G nano Recall

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sid32

Will put in a new battery for you. You will loose any engravings.

Sparkee

An Apple translation to "replacement unit" can be a refurbished iPod which may well be a 1G nano or any other similar model. I don't really expect anything more, the battery in my 1G nano is pretty much due for replacement.

sahovaman

expert lounger
I'm torn between if they send a brand new ipod or a refurbished one. I would like a new nano, but I hate the fact that they don't have physical buttons anymore. I use my nano at the range with a pair of "sound dampening" headphones to drown out all the gunshots. For where I am, I need physical buttons, not to smudge a touchscreen with gunpowder residue and oil. We will have to see what happens. Worse comes to worse, it's getting sold for a physical buttoned ipod.

applefreak

My nephew still has my 1gen 2GB. Now I´m scared because he´s just a boy. Seems that I won´t be getting a replacement. I´m too far away and authorized dealers no longer stock the 1st gen

cjmnews

Staff member
AppleFreak, you may want to try and go through the process to see if it is eligible for replacement. You might get a newer version for it. Or at least a battery replacement making it a viable iPod for 2 more years.

It really doesn't matter what is in stock. Apple will handle it.

The link to see if you are eligible is here: https://supportform.apple.com/201110/

reggavegga

Apple is replacing them with the same thing a refurbished 1st gen nano. I still havent recieved box yet.

applefreak

AppleFreak, you may want to try and go through the process to see if it is eligible for replacement. You might get a newer version for it. Or at least a battery replacement making it a viable iPod for 2 more years.

It really doesn't matter what is in stock. Apple will handle it.

The link to see if you are eligible is here: https://supportform.apple.com/201110/
Thanks for the link. Argentina is not among the countries supported for the replacement (as usual... quick to sell, slow to service). Thanks anyway!!!

barbottawa

I called Apple to see if I could get a credit towards something else - but no, they insist on replacing the 1st generation Nano with another 1st generation Nano. Dug it out of the drawer and sent it back and am waiting for my "new" one to throw back in the drawer. They suggested that I could sell it on e-Bay for $80 bucks - yeah, right.

Scottz

I guess I was pretty lucky. I submitted my request Nov 12th, received the shipping box on the 22nd and Apple shows they received my Nano on the 23rd. Status still shows as replacement pending.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ScoobZ

I submitted a request on 12/04. Haven't received the shipping box yet.

ScoobZ

Okay, got my shipping envelope the other day, but now I'm on the fence about sending it in as I've heard they're not replacing them with original 1G nanos anymore but instead replacing them with the newer touch-screen nano. For me that would really suck as I use the 1G in my car and I'm 99.99% sure that the newer nano won't work with the iPod2Car device I have in my car. I suppose I could look into if there is an updated iPod2Car device that is compatible with newer iPods but I'd really rather not have to spend the bread.

Sparkee

Just got my box here in Canada a couple of days ago. The box has a sticker on it to phone UPS for pick up, but they don't want anything to do with it. :confused: Now to try and get a hold of someone at Apple. :shake:

ApNaGen3

Requested for replacement program on nov 11th or 12th. I got a 6th gen ipod nano on dec 29th! yay. :)

Randy_M

Received my 6G the other day. Sent in a 4GB, got an 8GB in return. Plus, FM radio, fitness capability, etc. Am TOTALLY happy. Now, I gotta start going to the gym again :(

ScoobZ

Well, I ultimately decided to send mine back as over the Christmas break I discovered that battery life was down to about 1 hour. I never noticed it getting bad as I've used it exclusively in the car for the last few years. Plus I still have another 1G nano at the house to use in the car if this one comes back a 6G.

ScoobZ

Step 1 Request
January 7, 2012: Product received

Step 2 Service
January 7, 2012: Issue identified

Step 3 Return
January 7, 2012: Product replacement pending