16GB iPhone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ayasinsk

He prob. did it him self. He took flash memory from one iPhone and spliced it on to another, or even took flash mem. from iPod touch and replaced it. Same thing was going on with nanos about two years ago or so.

eriqesque

ayasinsk said:
He prob. did it him self. He took flash memory from one iPhone and spliced it on to another, or even took flash mem. from iPod touch and replaced it. Same thing was going on with nanos about two years ago or so.
I think more likely he just photoshoped the pic.:rolleyes:

ayasinsk

It is possible if you are very good with soldering. Just swap 8Gb flash from iphone with 16Gb flash memory from touch. Maybee nobody tried it because this project is epensive, if everything goes well your touch is obviously gone. If the project goes ill then you are out of iphone and touch. Big risk.

ATJxTPB

Fake. It says 'capacity' and 'available' are both 14.4GB. Since the iPhone firmware is installed, the 'available' should be less.

kloan

SSMoy
ayasinsk said:
Not necessary. Take a clear iphone, without any content, Capacity and Available numbers are EXACTLY THE SAME.
The OS still takes up ~150MB, so no, they wouldn't be the same.

ayasinsk

I have an extra iPhone at home which I'm selling on eBay. I wiped it clean. I looked at both Capacity and Available and they both say 3.5 GB, it's a 4GB iPhone. So yes, those numbers are the same.

kloan

SSMoy
huh, well how bout that.. i guess it treats the OS space as non-user accessible... that makes sense actually, so ok yeah yer right eh.