$100 off iPod Coupon - How long to receive?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
For those of you who used the Audible.com $100 off rebate with any of the online stores (Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, etc.) how long did it take for you to receive your gift certificate, and was it easy to apply?

I'm thinking of picking up a new iPod and also joining Audible.com, so this seems a perfect opportunity if it's all it's cracked up to be.

robert

Retired
jough said:
For those of you who used the Audible.com $100 off rebate with any of the online stores (Amazon.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, etc.) how long did it take for you to receive your gift certificate, and was it easy to apply?
Immediate and VERY easy. It is a no-brainer if you like audio books and really so if you are going to sign up with audible.com. I just wrote this email to a friend who is interested:

Just be sure that you order directly from Amazon and not one of their partners if you choose them. I suggest that you order from amazon at $284 (less $100), but be sure it is a not an amazon partner. If you want to save another 1.57%, visit http://A9.com , which is amazon's new search engine (like google) and let it have a cookie. Just a visit will which allows them to have a cookie will result in the 1.57% discount when you check out of amazon. go to: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002OZXHO/ref=pd_luc_mri/104-9361914-5878335?v=glance&s=electronics&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=* to see direct sale 20gb 4G. They are on back order. I ordered one on backorder October 7 and it was shipped October 9 and tracking says it will be here tomorrow (15th). Last week they had them in stock and before that they were not offering a direct buy -- only partners. Keep looking and it will appear.

You must call or sign up on line before ordering iPod. Amazon requires a phone call to audible, who will take the info over the phone and you will get email with promo code while on the phone with them. I found amazon to be the lowest price. Crutchfield is totally automatic. You click the crutchfield logo, then follow thru until submit and as soon as you do, you are committed! Promo code comes immediately by email. Crutchfield is $299 less the $100.

In addition to new subscribers, The $100 off is ALSO available to Ultimate Listeners who sign up to switch to Basic or Premium Listener Plans for one year, no way out. Premium is now $21.95 per month for two book credits per month.

1. Call audible.com (you cannot sign up on-line for the amazon offer) or go to the audible site and choose the $100 off offer. Amazon shows expired offer, but it is still active.
For customer service toll free number call:
1-888-283-5051 (USA & Canada)
See this site for a pretty good description of audible books on iPod: http://www.apple.com/lae/iPod/audible.html

2. Tell the customer service rep that you want to sign up with the $100 off an iPod at amazon.com offer.
If the up-front $120 for 12 books appeals to you, ask if you can sign up with the Ultimate Listener Plan and get the $100 off an iPod at amazon.com. Not sure if this qualifies for $100 promo.
Or, if the Ultimate Listener Plan doesn't quality or, if you prefer the monthly plans, tell the rep which plan you want. (Take in consideration that you can download at any time and read at anytime, so if you get behind, you can either ask for a 1-2 or 3 month vacation from buying audio book credits or select book and download when you are ready to listen.)

3. If you have a friend on audible tell the rep that you were referred by them, their audible user name, and they will get a free audio book.

4. Audible will take your credit card number, charge your account according to which plan you choose, and immediately send you an email with a promotion number for the $100 off at amazon.com.

5. If you want to save another 1.57%, go to: http://A9.com which is amazon's new search engine (like google) and let it have a cookie. Just a visit will do it if you let them have a cookie. You will see the discount when you check out of amazon.

6. Click add to shopping cart, click check out, and when you get to the invoice page, put in the promotion code that audible sent you. Shipping is free if you use the slowest delivery.

Last edited:

jough

El Guapo
Website
poetryx.com
Thanks for the details, but the 40Gb is only $374 (the iPod from HP) at Buy.com and you can fill in the order right online.

Oh, also, do you have to pay for the whole Audible.com year upfront or will they just auto-deduct from your CC each month?

robert

Retired
auto deduct each month. Only Ultimate Listener is in advance. $120 for 12 book credits, two years to pay. See the UL thread.

I see that buy.com also has the 20 gb 4G HP iPod at $284.99. Amazon offers both HP ($299, I think) and apple ($284.04) versions of 20gb 4g.

Anyone knowledgeable about the HP version of the iPod? Any disadvantages of buying an iPod with the HP label on it?

Last edited:

robert

Retired
auto deduct each month. Only Ultimate Listener is in advance. $120 for 12 book credits, two years to pay. See the UL thread.

I see that buy.com also has the 20 gb 4G HP iPod at $284.99. Amazon offers both HP and apple versions.

Anyone knowledgeable about the HP version of the iPod? Any disadvantages of buying an iPod with the HP label on it?

dordale

Robert--

As I understand it, the only differences between the HP iPod and the Apple iPod are that the HP iPod says "HP" on the back and the HP iPod comes formatted for Windows.

dordale :)

robert

Retired
mobert said:
Amazon may take a long time to ship the ipod.
not my experience with Amazon -- about a week to receive 4G 20gb regular ground shipping when Amazon was backordered. I see you have a silver -- maybe mini ship time is different.