10.7 Reinstall & Library Question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
I downloaded v11, which I hate. Can I reinstall v10.7 and have it use the current library files? I schedule monthly backups and the next backup is this coming week, so my last v10.7 library files are from a month ago.

I have songs on an external drive so that's not a problem.

Also - if I remove v11 does it delete the library files and entire directory with it?

Thanks blueboy714

cjmnews

Staff member
Yes you can revert back to iTunes 10.7 http://forums.ilounge.com/itunes-mac-pc/276998-itunes-11-a.html#post1430040

Uninstalling iTunes has no affect on your library. So music files and playlists are safe.

In your case it is easy, just replace your current iTunes Library.itl with the 10.7 one and you are set. If you have added any music since then, you will have to re-add it by finding the files on your external drive and importing them into iTunes (drag and drop onto Music section).

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
Yes you can revert back to iTunes 10.7 http://forums.ilounge.com/itunes-mac-pc/276998-itunes-11-a.html#post1430040

Uninstalling iTunes has no affect on your library. So music files and playlists are safe.

In your case it is easy, just replace your current iTunes Library.itl with the 10.7 one and you are set. If you have added any music since then, you will have to re-add it by finding the files on your external drive and importing them into iTunes (drag and drop onto Music section).
thanks - that's what I thought. I just added about 20 albums, about 100 podcasts, and 4 playlists. A few hours work but may the way to go.

UPDATE: I decided to go ahead and go back to a good version of iTunes. For anyone in a similar situation I did exactly what CJM suggested. Unistalled v11, reboot, Install v10.7 (don't open), reboot, copy backup library files (v10.7). I was then able to add the missing albums, podcasts and playlists I added over the past month. Took about an hour of sitting at the pc. Now time to backup my new "correct" library files.

Last edited: