“Not In My Library” (Music/ITunes)

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJSimonmurray

Hi All,

Over the past number of years I have had cause to re-build my Music/iTunes Library on a number of occasions.

This is lead to a scenario which I feel may be difficult to resolve without a manual trawl but I will throw it out to the community for any guidance in this respect.

When I go into the iTunes sore and I click on “Purchased” it takes me into a page which shows all my legacy purchases, split between “All” and “Not in my Library”.

It is the “Not in My Library” tab that I’m interested in. In this field there are a lot of items, problem is there are all actually in my library.

Do to a rebuild etc (I use iTunes match) some of the items which were previously showing at purchased in the cloud status tab are now showing at matched, which seems to have resulted in a duplicate situation.

Obviously if I go to File – Library – Show duplicate items I can see the duplicates in my library.

However is there also a way to show these within a smart playlist which is not related to “show cloud status as duplicate”?

What I am thinking to tidy this up is download all of the “Not in my library items”. Then create a smart playlist which is based on the same outcome as files – library – show duplicate items. I can then deleted the items which are shown as match/uploaded and keep the ones which are purchased. This should then resolve the situation in the iTunes stores when I click on purchased and I will get a correct representation of what is not in library.

The reason I cannot use a smart playlist with “show cloud status as duplicate” is that they are not showing as shown when download. They are all purchased.

I understand a manual trawl could sort this out but it is a very time consuming process and I am wondering was there a simpler way to do this through a smart playlist (as outlined above) or is there another way which would tidy this store feature up that I maybe have not thought off?

Appreciate your help folks

Simon.

cjmnews

Staff member
iTunes Match uses a different source of music than the purchases. So you will always have the Not In My Library tab being populated.

I don't use Match, but I think that if you went to the View menu, and click on Only Downloaded Music then all the cloud tracks would be hidden from your library. The eliminates all my duplicates of the ones I already have downloaded and restored from my backup.

Now if you have purchases duplicated with matched songs and both are downloaded, you could remove the duplicates in the Show Duplicate Items mode of the library (which is not very accurate as there are false positives, especially with classical music).