External hard drive/internal hard drive

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Ward

So i've filled up my external hard drive. I have about 30gb of music that I want to load onto my itunes. I'll be checking and unchecking the stuff that i want on my ipod etc. Will my itunes read from my Music folder on my PC as well as my external hard drive?

Thanks in advance:D

Last edited:
Website
www.ilounge.com
iTunes only supports a "Media Folder" in a single location, although there are some workarounds to store pieces elsewhere.

That said, however, you can tell iTunes to import music from whatever location you decide to put it in and leave it in that location simply by going into the iTunes Preferences and UNselecting the option to "Copy files to iTunes Media Folder" on the "Advanced" tab. With this option off, any music you import into iTunes will be left in its original location and referenced from there. Just be sure to put the files in their permanent location right off, as iTunes will lose track of the files if you start moving them around after you've imported them.

Ward

iTunes only supports a "Media Folder" in a single location, although there are some workarounds to store pieces elsewhere.

That said, however, you can tell iTunes to import music from whatever location you decide to put it in and leave it in that location simply by going into the iTunes Preferences and UNselecting the option to "Copy files to iTunes Media Folder" on the "Advanced" tab. With this option off, any music you import into iTunes will be left in its original location and referenced from there. Just be sure to put the files in their permanent location right off, as iTunes will lose track of the files if you start moving them around after you've imported them.
Ah yes, i already have that option unselected. Thats all good then. Thanks a lot.:)