New profile posts

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Hi, I'm sorry, I just saw your message ! I've already bought a new back on the french website "Bricomac", very cheap and good quality ! But thank you for the proposal.
If you are interested, I've also bought a front case with click wheel on RetroSonicFidelity. It's very cheap ! And there are parts for iPod mini, 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, 5th gen…
Hi there....I couldn't find any new backs either when I was looking....I do have good shape used, original finish with iPod/20gb etc on them if you are interested...just let me know...I did see 40 gb new ones I believe....
I was also relooking for this document, I thought I recognised that name :). OK, so you do things differently now I see, can I assume from what you say below though that having all those playlists set up doesn't actually work anymore?

Thanks

Steve
Haha, yes, that's me. If you happen to come back and see this (not sure how I missed this for 5 months, but I don't hit the front page of the forums very often any more), here is a link to the last finished version of the document I published:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11809370/smartlist%20revision%206.02.pdf

I halted updating the document back in 2010 because of the numerous bugs and broken features Apple introduced and, sad to say, *nothing* has been improved since then other than fixing the playlist order bug (although it has made numerous reappearances because they fail to update their library code).

What I do today is have the entire system on my desktop iTunes and merely sync over a series of large filtered playlists that I shuffle while out and about.
Hi there

Thanks for the reply

So does that mean that wiping my touch and uninstalling iTunes is not possible or dangerous in some way ?

Like I said I have backed up my content.

Merlin
It looks like either your issue is resolved as you have been posting new threads.

It seems to work with my iPad. Not sure what to say.
Hi,

Hopefully I've found the right person. YEARS ago I downloaded a PDF with a managed smart playlist structure went. It had lists that began XXX:OLD XXX:NEW etc etc in a really well organised structure. I've used it to manage my iPods and then iPhones since implementing it, its perfect. Long story short. New iMac=lost PDF and I've also accidentally deleted my playlists.

Please tell me the author is you, you still have a copy somewhere safe and you're willing to share it.

Thanks in advance

Greg

EDIT

Sorry if I'm sounding like a stalker/pain in the ###. I just managed to find a document by scouring the forums. Its Version 5 labelled 2004-2007. So if you're Charles, before I start recreating all these lists is there a newer version? How are you managing stuff now?
Live Updating needs to be toggled off for Smart Playlist to sync in Alpha Order on iPod Touch. Each Smart Playlist needs this action. What's wrong?
I've had my Xtrucase for over 6 months and i simply love it and their product is really nice! Check em if you like the new aluminum cases.
Hey Korn, when you say your library is 672gb is that your apple lossless files or your aac files (or both)? I just wondered, that's a lot of space used for sure lol.
hey there...hope you don't mind a p.m. ...
i saw a few posts of yours and you certainly know your stuff...
i have a problem with my iPod touch and i need help...

it's a 3rd gen 64gig with nothing but music on board...58 gigs worth...
it is o/s 5.0.1 connecting to macbook pro (lion) o/s 10.0.1 i-tunes...

all music appears in the album section but not in the artists list...
if i look at some albums in the album section...there is no artist name...
and those albums are missing if i select the artist list...

i have recently updated both iPod and iTunes the the latest o/s...
so i'm guessing it's a new o/s bug...

i have tried to re-name artists in iTunes...
i have deleted albums and re-imported ...no good...

i have done a full restore on the iPod twice...
both times i have re-synced all my music from my iTunes...
no joy...the same albums have the missing metatags...

please help..this is doing my nutt...
many thanks in advance ... simon.
Dear Wellies, I too, am a 'newbie'. I've tried 3 different forums (incl. 3 separate requests for help on THIS forum, and nothing!) This is amazing. All I'm trying to learn is WHETHER OR NOT one can put his C.D. music on on an Ipod shuffle WITHOUT the involvement of the dreaded Itunes. Can you help with a definate answer??
Hi there. I noticed you posted WAY back in 2006 the following re: running music via Airport Express. "I've done this for work - we're in the process of rolling this solution to 150 sites so that a set music playlist can be played in our stores..."
The store that I work at is expanding to a new location down the street, and I'm in charge of setting up the music system. I'm using currently a Mac Mini Server 2010 edition. Additionally, I have a MacBook that is used regularly, and and iPad. My initial idea was to set up the server in the upstairs office and run the hospitality music wirelessly downstairs via a couple of Airport Expresses (and Airfoil - I want to run one soundtrack in the retail and one in the lounge area). However, the new place appears to be wired with CAT5 cable.
What would you recommend for setting up a system like I described? Your post from way back gave me hope that there might be a way to pull this off without too much expenditure.
Thanks for your time.