Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: videos load to iTunes but not to my iPod???

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-01-2011, 11:38 PM

Freshman Lounger

videos load to iTunes but not to my iPod???

Hello,
I recently converted some videos from .avi to mp4 using Handbreak. Everything works fine, I can watch the mp4 on quicktime. I then added the videos to my iTunes - still everything is cool, I can watch the videos in iTunes. But when I try to drag and drop the videos to my 160gig iPod I get this message: "Video was not copied to iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod". Is there some sort of solution to this problem?

-Thanks in advance for any help...

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Veteran Lounger

Not all mp4 video files are created equal, what preset did you use?

QuickTime and iTunes will play many more versions of mp4 video than ipods will. Use the Apple Universal preset for high quality or the iPod preset for lower quality if you only watch on the iPod. The presets under Legacy should be used if you only use older iPods, specifically the 5-5.5G models.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 AM

Junior Lounger

You need to set the right aspect ratio and do the right setting for ipod. MP4 is a container format, the methods of encoding in it vary. So you need to convert first if necessary.
This is a free one with the option to convert the video to ipod compatible mp4 format.
http://www.leawo.com/video-converter...converter.html

If you have some free softeare like format factory or handbrake, that will do the job well.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

I am also have issues loading videos from my iTunes to my iTouch. In looking at everything it was encoded through Handbrake and was specifically set up to be put on any iPod device that supports video. What else can I look to do to transfer this to my iTouch?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Handbrake has presets for "iPod Touch" which work splendidly. I recently converted over a bunch of video files from my HDD and stream them well through the iTouch. I dont know why your conversion did not works on your iPod.

What OS are you running? windows or Mac, check the possible solution to convert avi files to iPod mp4 file with appgeeker video converter. it has presets for iOS device as well.

Hope it works well.

Topic: videos load to iTunes but not to my iPod???

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.