Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Videora

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question Videora

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me. I have downloaded Videora having never used it before. However, every time I try to open it I just get the microsoft message saying the the program has had an error should it send an error message etc.

I am running Windows XP SP3 and have the required versions of.net installed. I have installed/uninstalled/redownloaded several times and even ran a registry cleanerafter uninstalls to no avail.

Does anyone know what can be causing this issue?

Steve

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Veteran Lounger

No, but I can say that Videora has been long superseded by Handbrake for encoding for iPods. It was one of the first, but there's no reason I can think of why you'd want to still use it over Handbrake.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi Steve,

Have you looked at the requirements with Videora as far as drivers that are connected? You may have to update this part for the rest to run. You may also need to clear out an older connection before you download Videora that is connected to multimedia. There are free scanners available online that will let you know... not sure if this is really it, but it doesn't hurt to try.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
No, but I can say that Videora has been long superseded by Handbrake for encoding for iPods. It was one of the first, but there's no reason I can think of why you'd want to still use it over Handbrake.
Ditto. Handbrake has a better endcoder, better support, no ads, junk or other crap bundled into the software, and is easier to use. Much, much easier, in fact. Videora is a bundle of unnecessary menus and options and an outdated encoder that results in a lesser quality file.

Last edited by Germansuplex; 09-30-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:55 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germansuplex View Post
Ditto. Handbrake has a better endcoder, better support, no ads, junk or other crap bundled into the software, and is easier to use. Much, much easier, in fact. Videora is a bundle of unnecessary menus and options and an outdated encoder that results in a lesser quality file.
That's right!
Use another converter, make things easy for you! The handbrake has a lot of good reviews.

Topic: Videora

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.