Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: TV Programmes on Ipod 4th Gen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-22-2009, 05:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smile TV Programmes on Ipod 4th Gen

My first post

I've just found this forum and hoping someone can help as my general forum is useless and they all hate me so i get no help haha

I've got some TV prgrammes on my Ipod and I've got a converter to play audio books in the right place and music plays in the music folders but at the minute I'm playing TV programmes through my films section and I want it in the programmes bit so I can go from where I left off etc, what converter can I get to convert them to go to programmes bit ad I have converted them to Mpeg4 and they go straight to my films secition.

Many thanks for your help I'm hoping to read soon, I'm canny desperate.

Cheers

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:55 AM

Pro Lounger

Just right click and edit the files.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:33 AM

Freshman Lounger

What do I edit it to? It doesn't work with MPEG4 I'm totally confused as to which file to change it to so it works and goes to TV Programmes section
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM

Pro Lounger

It has nothing to do with .mpeg4. It has to do with the file info in iTunes. You know how to change artist names and other info on mp3s in itunes? You can change if its a movie or tv show the same way.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 AM

You may want to head over to the TV & Video Forum and check out the FAQs. They have a link to Atomic Parsely and a GUI for it that should help.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 07-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

Many thanks for your replies, I'm gonna work on it...cheers alot
Old 07-23-2009, 05:54 PM

If you mean the TV Shows section of the iPod & iTunes then right click > get info > Option tab and change the ''media kind'' to what you want i.e. TV Show or Movie if the file is already converted and in iTunes.

If TV shows then fill in the information under tabs Info & video.

Forum Policy - Please don't cross post in the forums.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

I mean the TV programmes on the actual ipod, i want my programmes to come under that section, not on itunes, althoguh i think it needs to hit the tv section of itunes to hit the tv section of the ipod, does anyone understand what I mean?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:55 PM

Yes. Edit the programs in iTunes first and then transfer to the iPod and they will be in that section. See my above post to edit and change them to TV Shows.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

I didn't realise you could change it in itunes, I've found it and done it and hope it works, just waiting for it to connect now, thank you so much for your help, I now know you use mpeg4 for fims and tv shows.

Thanks so much
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM

Your welcome and make sure you fill in the tags for the shows under the video tab as well. At least the show, season and episode number. You can change part of the tags in mass by highlighting the season. Episode # you can't. Must be done on each individual show.

If you've ever purchase shows from iTunes then look at how they have the tags filled in for the TV Show.

Topic: TV Programmes on Ipod 4th Gen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.