• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Dark Knight Digital Copy

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jeffisgodd

Hey i just bought the dark knight and loaded the digital copy onto my itunes. It plays in itunes and i sync'd it to my 30gb ipod. it shows up under Movies. But when i click it to play it brings up a loading screen and then nothing. Just goes rite back to the file name. How do i get it to play on my iPod? any suggestions would be great.

Welcome to iLounge. See this Download from DVD. Click on the 'Learn More' link.

Buy select DVDs and you get something extra free: an iTunes Digital Copy. Just pop the DVD into your computer, enter the code provided, and the Digital Copy transfers to your iTunes library, ready to watch or sync to your iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV.

How it works.

Adding your iTunes Digital Copy movie to your iTunes library is easy.

1. Insert the iTunes Digital Copy disc.
To add your movie to your iTunes1 library, insert the disc in your Mac or PC. Follow the simple instructions to begin the transfer.

2.Redeem.
The iTunes redemption code for your movie is included with your DVD. Enter your code and click Redeem.

3.Enjoy your movie at home or on the go.
The digital version of the movie appears in your iTunes Movies library. Watch it at home on your computer or your Apple TV. Or take it with you on your iPhone or iPod.

Requires an iTunes Store account. If you don’t already have an account, follow the onscreen instructions to create one.

jeffisgodd

hey thanks. yea i already have it on itunes. its loaded and plays. but when i sync'd it over to my ipod it wont play. it shows the file 'dark knight'. but when i click on it, it only goes to a black loading screen and then returns to the file name. any clue on what the problem could be?

pemvapor

same problem

I have the exact same problem. iTunes definitely transferred the file over to my iPod, but all that happens is I get the loading message, a dark screen, and then it pops back over to the list of movies.
I tried reloading onto iTunes, and I tried putting the new copy on the iPod. No luck. I also tried on another iPod and had the same results.
What's the deal? Anybody able to help?

Did you "Enter your code and click Redeem" before you transferred it and it still doesn't work then I suggest you contact Apple customer service and explain the situation with to them.

kornchild2002

No issues here. I purchased the two disc (actually three discs) Blu-ray version from Best Buy (came with a small Joker mask) and my digital copy synced (and played) on my 5G 60GB iPod, 1G 16GB iPod touch, and my 2G 32GB iPod touch.

This would not be the first time that a movie on the iTunes Store is not compatible with iPods. The Ten Commandments (that old movie with Charlton Heston) would not work with my iPod when it was first released. I contacted Apple and they let me download it again when an updated version of the movie was put up on the iTunes Store.

kenworth308

I have the same problem with the digital copy too.
black screen,back to main menu.Reset doesn't work so I have just sent a
message to itunes support saying that we have this problem.
Now we will see if they get it let alone actually send me a reason why it isn't working
and how to fix it.

cocoa

I have the same problem, except mine won't show up at all. I have a 16GB iPod touch, and when I select 'Videos', it says I don't have any, even though I have used a digital copy to download TDK and it now shows up under 'Movies' in my library. I can play the movie on my computer, but on my iPod, it doesn't seem to exist.

iTodd

I bought the Dark Knight through iTunes, was able to get it to my iPhone, but when I try to put it in my 30GB Vid iPod, I have the same problem you guys do...

sholmes1019

Hi everyone. It's been three and a half years since I've been to iLounge, but I stumbled onto this thread because I also couldn't get TDK to sync on my iPhone. Note that the problem I was having was that it wasn't able to sync to my iPhone. I know some of you are having problems playing it once it's on the iPhone - but that's not the problem I had.

Anyways, the fix for my problem was simple. With your iPhone or iPod connected, click on the device in iTunes to bring up the device summary page. At the top, click on the "Videos" tab. You should see two areas in here: TV Shows and Movies. In the Movies window at the bottom, The Dark Knight was listed for me. I don't know why it didn't sync because I had the checkbox for "Sync movies" checked. Nevertheless, the box for "The Dark Knight" was not checked. So, I checked it and hit "Apply" in the bottom right and the movie immediately started syncing. Now it's on my iPhone.

I hope this helps anyone who may have the same problem. Good luck!