• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

I can't add Videos to My IPOD Video!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Alfie08

Hello! Ok first post, I'm desprete for help. I've had a wee search but can't find anything to help me.

I recently restored my IPOD to start a fresh. Worked fine. I've added all Music fine and dandy but "clicking and dropping". Still works fine.

I'm off on Holiday tomorrow and thought I would transfer over some Videos for the journey. However....I can't "Click and drop" my videos, It just doesn't do anything. I've checked the settings, On my IPOD : Video option is switched to On as normal. In the Itunes settings, on the Video tab, everything is greyed out so I can't change anything.

I should actually say that I have managed this fine before I restored it. I know I need to convert files to to MP4's. I've done this already but they still won't transfer.

I'm assuming this is something to do with settings elsewhere, seeing as I've recently restored my IPOD. But I CAN'T FIND WHERE!

Any help would be really really really great please!

Last edited:

Sparkee

Sound like you are manually managing your iPod. Check the settings in iTunes with the iPod connected and it's Summary tab should be set to "manually manage music and videos". Everything in the Movies tab will be greyed out, but you should still be able to drag and drop videos.

We hear issues such as yours quite often where people want to put files on the iPod just before a big trip. I know transfers take time, but when you have a spare moment play with the sync settings to learn how iTunes and the iPod work. You can use a multitude of different automatic and multiple sync settings to achieve just about anything you want.

Last edited:

vonmeister

I could add videos just fine until I restored the iPod today!!

I have an iPod classic 180 GB. I have had no issues whatsoever but I decided to do a restore and re-add my music (I recently added a ton of music and I didn't want to have to copy it to the iPod individually) all at once so I synced the music. No problem.
Now, I try to drag and drop videos or movies and the iPod won't accept them. These are the same movies/videos that used to work just fine prior to restore. They are the right file type and have been on this iPod before. Now when I try to drag them over, they just "bounce" off and won't copy. WTF?

Is anyone familiar with this sillyness?

Thanks a lot!

Sparkee

Check your sync settings. If the iPod is set to manually manage or it is set to sync video in their sync settings you will not be able to drag and drop.

vonmeister

I just looked and the "Manually Sync..." is checked. This is really weird - I mean, it's not like this is my first iPod and everything was working fine before. I just don't get it.

vonmeister

As an update, I ended up performing all current updates and re-started my computer (Apple). That seems to have cleared up whatever was going on. Thanks for your response and trying to help me out!