• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Quicktime 2GB = Error -2048 Not a movie?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

spr02072

Hi.. I have seen hints of this but have not seen a clear answer.

I am ripping a bunch of DVDs for my ipod classic/160G.

I have been bumping up the video/audio bitrates so that they would be decent on a TV, but have begun creating files that are > 2GB. When this happens, quicktime will no longer play the .MP4 files I am creating. If I keep them under 2GB, they are fine.

So - is there a 2GB limit when playing these files in quicktime, or is the Xilisoft software I am using have a problem with big files. Seems to me it is quicktime...

Easy enough to partition the files (Part 1, part 2 etc) I just want to make sure I understand the issue.

Thanks.

spr02072

alas.. no response.. but thought I would follow up regardless...

Version 5 of the software was released the other day... and by mistake I found out that files larger than 2GB seem to play fine with the latest version. I must conclude that the problem was with Version 4 of the ripping software and not Quicktime. Shrug.