Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: "xx was not copied to the iPhone because it cannot be played on this Iphone"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Freshman Lounger

"xx was not copied to the iPhone because it cannot be played on this Iphone"

i have a couple of videos i downloaded in mp4 format, i added them to itunes and they look fine, they appear under movies

when i sync them to my iPhone (checked "Sync Movies" and the videos in question), I get the error message

"xx was not copied to the iPhone because it cannot be played on this Iphone"

please help
thx

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:13 AM

Just convert them for the iPod. If they don't transfer then it means that there is something wrong with the file and it needs to be converted.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have the same problem. I did the conversion, and it still didnt work. I downloaded the show (Dexter) from the iTunes store and it plays fine in itunes on the computer (Mac) but refuses to go to the iphone. I downloaded an episode of Hell's Kitchen, and it plays fine and syncs perfectly to the iphone. Any idea of what is wrong?
Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM

Freshman Lounger

I had a problem trying to sync an mp4 file -- I got a "format not supported" message. Checked other forums and found a solution:

1. Use HandBrake to convert unprotected DVD to mp4. After selecting the Source, click Toggle Presets on the menu and select iPhone/iPod Touch, then Start.

2. After conversion, in iTunes, File|Add to Library the converted DVD movie. Then click your iPhone under Devices. In the Video tab, under Movies, check the Sync movies and the movie you added. Sync.

That did it! Hope this helps.

Topic: "xx was not copied to the iPhone because it cannot be played on this Iphone"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.