VLC .bat file conversion process - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: VLC .bat file conversion process

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-04-2007, 02:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

VLC .bat file conversion process

Well firstly I'm new here, and just got my 60gig ipod about a week ago and starting messing around with some conversion programs. I tried videora which worked great, but took a real long time and doesn't work on my computer becuase it can't go on the internet (no ethernet jack in it, yea it's ancient lol). Anyways, I remembered from somewhere that VLC could convert videos, so I quickly googled it and found a few articles on it. One (much like the one in one of the stickies in this forum) explained to go through and open up the video, click stream, etc. etc.. And another explained on making your own .bat. So I copied the line of code into notepad from the site, saved it as a .bat, and realized a few things were off. I messed around with the code, deleted and re-did about 1/2 of the code, and finally got it to work 100%. Now I don't know if this has been posted before because I'm new, but anyways, here is the real, 100% working code for converting videos for your ipod through VLC (and isn't even 1kb!):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12...0converter.rar

if you don't want to download it, you can cpy/paste this line below into notepad and save it as a .bat and it will be the exact same thing:
Code:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" %1 --sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1,height=240,width=320,acodec=mp4a,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=mp4,dst=%1.mp4
The converted file will be in the same folder as the original file.

Feedback is always welcomed be it negative or positive. Enjoy!

Topic: VLC .bat file conversion process

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.