• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Video Converting Problem: Sound Starts Before the Video

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iMusic_Man

Hi there!

I have a slight (yet very a frustrating one) problem: when I convert videos onto the iPod, the sound comes just a bit before the image. You can guess that trying to watch a video where you hear what happens before you can see it is impossble, like ie watching a live concert: you hear the drums kick in before the guy hits them! It's annoying!

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this problem? I am using ImTOO Converter version 2.1 to convert mpg, mpeg and avi files into MPEG4 format. All else is great except I would like to fix it so that the sound comes simultaneously with the image frames.

Do I need a separate program or is it just messing with some settings? The ImTOO support guy told me to make the frame rate higher, but that's dumb 'cause it does not solve the problem, only makes the video faster, when I want to get it to start at the same time with the video.

All help is greatly appreciated!

- iMusic_Man