• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Audio not working ONLY when using 3.5mm 2 RCA cables

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

crash613

Ok this is strange. I have read countless threads about video sound not working. Most often realted to the audio being muxed. THIS IS NOT THE CASE in my videos. I checked using quicktime, as instructed on a apple webpage. and they are NOT Muxed.

anyway, if i view my video on the ipod using headphones all is good :D
but if i use the AV cable i get the video but no sound. i tried 2 sets of cables, same problem both times.

NO i don't have the 3 colors messed up, these are apple cables so the colors are correct (besides i tried different combos)

I also tried music through the cables, while attached to the TV. and that doesn't work either. so it is a matter of the ipod not transmitting the audio when using the cables. I tried on 2 TVs with different videos and songs.

I also tried moving the 3.5 mm jack around trying to find the "sweet" spot. no joy :eek:

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Mike