Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: .mp4 file merger

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:53 PM

Junior Lounger

.mp4 file merger

I have four .mp4 files of "The Incredibles" that works fine on my iPod, but I wish to merge them into one full .mp4 file. Does anyone know of a free spyware and adware audio/video merger program that does this? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:06 AM

Junior Lounger

Nevermind, just found out. Woohooooooo!
Old 10-25-2005, 11:47 AM

BSI
Freshman Lounger

How did you do it? I had the same question.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:17 PM

Apple Preacher

Yes, please tell me too!

iPod nano black 4GB
iPod 5G white 30 GB
Tunewear Tunewallet - black - 5G
Belkin Folio-Etui - black - nano

Grandpa: "What is an iPod?"
Mom: "You don't want to know..."

Imagine the possibilities...
Old 10-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by BSI
How did you do it? I had the same question.
Works for both Mac and Windows

Note to Windows users: You might get errors from time to time and if you do, just start over. You especially might get an error after saving the merged .mp4 files together, regardless the saved file should be saved fully intact anyways.

You will need QuickTime Pro - which isn't free, and I didn't know Quicktime Pro could do this.

1. Open all of your .mp4 files in Quicktime Pro (they should open in a separate player) and select the 2nd .mp4 file and go to "Edit>>Select All". This will select the entire key frames. Then go to "Edit>>Cut".

2. Select the 1st .mp4 file and put the play head all the way at the end. Then go to "Edit>>Paste" to place and merge the 2nd movie you've just cut into the 1st .mp4 movie.

3. Play the movie to give it a test to see if they've meshed well, and to see if it's playing in order. There might be a slight skip in audio from the point where you've meshed the two .mp4 files, but this is a minor glitch and hardly noticeable and shouldn't deter you from enjoying the whole movie.

4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the rest of your .mp4 files. Remember to work the process from the 1st .mp4 file all the way up to the last .mp4 file.

5. When you've successfully merged all of your .mp4 files together into one movie, go to "Export..." then select "Movie to iPod (320x240)".

Alternative: If your QTPro is slow as heck just go to "Save As..." and select "Save as a self-contained movie". Then open Videora iPod converter and select “MPEG-4/320x240/768kbps Stereo/128kbps” and start converting, and once complete, import to iTunes and import to your iPod.

Topic: .mp4 file merger

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.