Who wants a personalised iPod case?

Kenndac

I recently made a simple denim case for my iPod, and posted a picture for people to see. There was a bit of interest in it, so I wondered if anyone else would like one.

What I'm offering to do is make people personalised iPod cases. They're made of denim, and look basically like the attached picture. Bear in mind that the picture is only a draft - any case I make will be much higher quality than this one!

You can have what you like on your case - a name, a simple picture... patchwork... heck, if it can be sewn on, I can do it for you! You can have a button to hold the flap shut, or a ribbon... anything you like.

Also, you can specify what access holes you want. For example, if you have a docking iPod, I can put holes in the top flap for the hold switch and headphone ports, and one in the bottom for the dock port. If you don't want a hole in the bottom so your dock port is protected, then fine! No hole in the bottom!

Obviously, as these will be hand made, each one will be different and made to your specifications.

Interested? Reply with questions here, or drop me an email at ipod [at] kennettnet.co.uk

Kenndac

Well, the case is made from soft denim, which hasn't scratched my iPod at all so far, in 3 days of using.

AptMunich

Amplioholic
What would you consider charging for a case?
Would you use some sort of cushioning material on the inside wall of the case to improve shock-absorption? That would be welcome, a stylish case that also reduces the chance of your iPod biting the dust if it's dropped!!

Can other fabrics also be requested? ;)

Kenndac

AptMunich said:
What would you consider charging for a case?
Would you use some sort of cushioning material on the inside wall of the case to improve shock-absorption? That would be welcome, a stylish case that also reduces the chance of your iPod biting the dust if it's dropped!!

Can other fabrics also be requested? ;)
It would be definately possible to have two layers of fabric with padding in between them, or a simple layer of soft padding material sewn into the inside.

Yeah, other fabrics can be requested. Obviously something strong and fairly thick would be best.

As for cost, I dunno - these aren't mass-produced so quite expensive. That basic denim case I'd probably charge $15 for, plus shipping. For that denim case with padding, probably $20. Maybe up to $40 for a case made of double-layered denim with padding inside, a name and a picture sewn into it, a carrying handle on the back and wheels on the bottom so you can push around your desk when you're bored*. For anything else, just ask and I can give you an approximate cost!

*Well, maybe not... although if you're willing to tell me how to put wheels on a fabric case, I'll see what I can do!

AptMunich

Amplioholic
You're quoting $ prices, i know that gordon brown is still thinking it over, but would you also take ???'s?

How tight is the case? Is a a neat fit or is there a little bit of room in there?

Do you have any black fabrics you can use, cause that would also look quite cool...

Or just plain colours, not denim?

Sample order:

-Snug fitting blue case

-extra padding on the inside to improve shock absorption

-double stiches to improve ruggedness and lifetime

How much would that set me back?

Kenndac

AptMunich said:
You're quoting $ prices, i know that gordon brown is still thinking it over, but would you also take Euros?

How tight is the case? Is a a neat fit or is there a little bit of room in there?

Do you have any black fabrics you can use, cause that would also look quite cool...

Or just plain colours, not denim?
Yeah, I should be able to accept Euros. I doubt that'd be a problem.

The case I made is fairly loose around my 10Gb docking, but farily snug around my original 5Gb iPod. Of course, I designed the case for the 5Gb, so the 10Gb will be naturally loose. I will make the case for the kind of iPod you have. If the case has padding, this will keep the iPod very snug.

I can use any fabric you want me to. If you want black, I can use black denim, or any other strong material.

AptMunich said:
Sample order:

-Snug fitting blue case

-extra padding on the inside to improve shock absorption

-double stiches to improve ruggedness and lifetime

How much would that set me back?
Okay... I'd say about ?20 (30-ish Euros) plus shipping to wherever you are. The padding will probably be silk lining with padding stuff inside it. The silk is very soft and will protect the iPod well.

That is just an approximate figure - I don't know exactly how much silk costs, nor how much the padding will cost.

AptMunich

Amplioholic
ok....

won't place my order just yet as i am slightly broke at the moment (last 2 years actually - well off and on anyway)...

But thanks for all the info, sounds like a very good little enterprise you have on your hands, i would recommend this service to all 'loungers who want to give away an old iPod to trade up. The personal touch says it all!!!

I'll get back to you when i have some spare cash....(saving up for hols at the moment!!)

Impulse29

Hmmm... I thought I already made my post, but i can't find it in here, so i'll write it again...

I also made a case, but mine is made from synthetic leather. I made it using the dimensions from the Apple PDF file. The inside of the case is very smooth (doesn't scratch), and the outside is very durable. I chose synthetic leather because it can stretch, making it tight on the iPod. There are access holes for the scroll wheel (pad), the buttons, the display, the audio out, and the other port on the bottom.

If you want one of them, I can send you the information needed to create one of these. Also, you may buy one off of me (will look WAY better, as this one was my first one, and it was hand made- others will be machine-) You have the choice of different materials, and colours. I can also have things burnt into the case (like branding a cow).

If you are interested, give me a PM, or e-mail me at [email protected]. . . Here are the pics:

Impulse29

Bump

Does anyone want one of these cases? If you live in Europe and are interested, go with the case Kenndac made... If you live in the North America region, and are interested, I am more than willing to sell the cases... I've made more, and perfected it. I would be asking approx 20-30 canadian dollars... plus shipping. Your choice of fabric. I can get any type of fabric, and any design you want. I have made 3 cases with different styles. You can have a logo, or something burnt in the back of the leather (very nice).

Also, If you are intrested, I took pictures of how to make them. I would gladly share the pics with people (free). Just e-mail me, or give me a PM. Thanks:)