White Sony Fontopia MDR-EX70 / 71 Earphones

lucas3735

White Sony Fontopia MDR-EX70LP Earphones

What is the name of the white version of the Sony Fontopia MDR-EX70LP Earphones?
Thanks
John
:confused:

Kenny

Super Man
Unfortunately I dont think that the long cord version ('LP') comes in white (only in black). Only the short cord version ('SP') comes in white.

Jester

Kenny said:
I have, and so have a couple of others on this board.

Good guy to deal with, and very fast shipping.
Kenny,

Thanks for the info. It is good to know that people from here have ordered and have had no problems.

selcouth

i just ordered some ex71sl's from him.. great ship time and great price :D only had a bit of ear wax on them.. HA just kidding ;) they were brand new and wrapped nice :D

time2switch

Robot In Disguise
Hey... I just got my Ipod (20GB old Ipod) a couple of weeks ago and the supplied Apple earphone suck. I just ordered a new case for my Ipod ... the Marware Sportsuit Convertible in graphite... should be here tomorrow, and earphones are next on my list.

I've heard alot of good things (and some bad) about the MDR-EX70s, and since I can't find them on the Sony site anymore (idots... hehe :rolleyes: ), I want to get a pair of the EX71s in white. They would look sweet with the Ipod.

Anyway, I was just wondering if I should get the EX71s from http://i-shopping4u.com/md_accessary.html , or Audiocubes. Looks like everyone gets theirs from Audiocubes, and I've heard nothing but great things from people who have bought their earphones from them (excellent shipping, etc.). Just being cautious...

yay!! my first post on the new forums... hehe :D

shipname

i've also bought from ishopping, very nice people, i wouldn't recommend buyign from them.... probably carry the sars on your earphones from overseas:D
anyways i dad jsut came back from Hong KOng(he traveled all over china too) couple days ago, nothing happened to him

LikeAFox

Mac Enthusiast
Check out eBay here: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=ipod+sony&cgiurl=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/&ht=1&from=R10&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

There are several companies which have cheap bids & "Buy It Nows" and charge only $5 shipping. They have good feedback and lots of items for sale. Infact, one of the user names who is selling the EX71 is "i-shopping4u" I assume the same online store that was referred to before. When I finally convince myself to buy the EX71s that is where I will be buying them - off eBay.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Kenny

Super Man
LikeAFox said:
Check out eBay here: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=ipod+sony&cgiurl=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/&ht=1&from=R10&currdisp=2&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

There are several companies which have cheap bids & "Buy It Nows" and charge only $5 shipping. They have good feedback and lots of items for sale. Infact, one of the user names who is selling the EX71 is "i-shopping4u" I assume the same online store that was referred to before. When I finally convince myself to buy the EX71s that is where I will be buying them - off eBay.

Good luck!
Yep, I bought my EX70s from 'i-shopping4u' on ebay.

Anyways, those EP888SP's are looking tempting... If only they isolated more.

LikeAFox

Mac Enthusiast
Yeah, the reason I want the EX71s opposed to the 888sp's is because of isolation and fit. The 888s wouldn't stay in my ear. I need the "in-ear-canal" type headphone for my wierdly shaped ears. The 888s have better sound quality, but if you never listen to any headphones better than the EX71s, then they will sound fine. Once you go and listen to better cans and see what your missing, you will get the urge to upgrade.

So, if you really want the 71s, just buy them and stay away from expensive cans! Thats what I plan on doing -- until I win the lottery! :D

Kenny

Super Man
praseodymium said:
Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada that sells these buds?
These earbuds are exclusive to Asia. If you're in the Toronto area, you might get lucky if you go down to an electronics store in Pacific mall, but otherwise I doubt it.

I've looked (for these and the eggo's), but they're nowhere to be found.

kamj12

I've actually seen this earphone in pacific mall last november, they sold those like $100 bucks when i converted them to USD. Kinda a ripoff...

praseodymium

kamj12 said:
I've actually seen this earphone in pacific mall last november, they sold those like $100 bucks when i converted them to USD. Kinda a ripoff...
Thanks for the tip. I've learned to be very careful when buying things at Pacific Mall. Not everything is a "deal".

Found a pair of MDR-EX71SL on eBay for roughly $62.00CDN, shipped. Didn't think I could find a much better deal then that. Let's just hope they produce a better sound then my MX-400, are at least more bass.

Kenny

Super Man
praseodymium said:
Thanks for the tip. I've learned to be very careful when buying things at Pacific Mall. Not everything is a "deal".

Found a pair of MDR-EX71SL on eBay for roughly $62.00CDN, shipped. Didn't think I could find a much better deal then that. Let's just hope they produce a better sound then my MX-400, are at least more bass.
I'd be careful if I were you. ALL forums that I frequently visit, whether it's this one, the MD community, head-fi, etc... ALL say the Senheisser MX400-500 series definately sound a lot better than these sony's.

praseodymium

Kenny said:
I'd be careful if I were you. ALL forums that I frequently visit, whether it's this one, the MD community, head-fi, etc... ALL say the Senheisser MX400-500 series definately sound a lot better than these sony's.
Thanks. I do remember reading that.

I was only planning on using these buds in high noise environments, like the comuter train, subway, gym, etc.. I'm willing to sacrifice a little quality in exchange for the isolation and added bass (from what I've read) these buds seem to provide.