Waterproof Case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

smithy6979

I upgraded to the iPhone 6 from iphone 5 which I used a lifeproof nuud case. I thought I would try a different brand this time as I was not 100% happy with the nuud case but loved the idea of no screen covering. I just received my dog and bone wetsuit case for the iPhone 6 and it is fantastic. Not only does it give me the no cover over the screen but it is quite skinny and looks really great. I would highly recommend this case to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

tharley46

I have a Zagg glass screen cover on my iPhone 6, will this case still work on my phone with screen cover??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sophiw75

Best iPhone 6 Cases

You can also buy Otter Box, Spigen, Griffin cases for iPhone. Its all looks awesome and protect from Scratches and drops.:cool:

kareen21

I got Otter Box last month as a gift and it's enough to protect my iphone 5...

gedansky

What about reliable low cost waterproof cases for 6+?

I've seen a bunch of the same cases under different names on Amazon (Easy Life, and Merit to name a few). Frankly, I've seen the same level of reviews (3.5 out of 5 stars) from users of these as with life proof, and the user reviews all range the same. Largely saying the build quality is same or better than life proof, and the negatives are he same with these and lifeproof... Always someone who says it didn't work, or worked for 2 days then failed and ruined the phone.

Which leads me to this...

If NONE of the waterproof case manufacturers stand behind their products in the event of failure, except to replace the case itself,

And all of them, known-name or no-name, seem to be of comparable build quality,

What is the value in paying $75-$100 or more for a few flimsy pieces of plastic and some rubber gaskets? Why not buy the $9-$35 cases of these reviews say they hold up?

Has anyone done this with success?

For the record, I tried one Easy Life case and it failed. But, to be fair, this also happens to Lifeproof often enough. I now have a new Sedio Obex, which I chose because user reviews (not tech reviews) on Life proof say the quality has gone down and they don't hold up. I chose this over the Catalyst, and the Dog and Bone Wetsuit, because it seemed thinner, but much as I like it, I'm not sure it was the best choice or that I want to pay $75 for a case.

Any real insight out there?

zoso4

I've seen a bunch of the same cases under different names on Amazon (Easy Life, and Merit to name a few). Frankly, I've seen the same level of reviews (3.5 out of 5 stars) from users of these as with life proof, and the user reviews all range the same. Largely saying the build quality is same or better than life proof, and the negatives are he same with these and lifeproof... Always someone who says it didn't work, or worked for 2 days then failed and ruined the phone.

Which leads me to this...

If NONE of the waterproof case manufacturers stand behind their products in the event of failure, except to replace the case itself,

And all of them, known-name or no-name, seem to be of comparable build quality,

What is the value in paying $75-$100 or more for a few flimsy pieces of plastic and some rubber gaskets? Why not buy the $9-$35 cases of these reviews say they hold up?

Has anyone done this with success?

For the record, I tried one Easy Life case and it failed. But, to be fair, this also happens to Lifeproof often enough. I now have a new Sedio Obex, which I chose because user reviews (not tech reviews) on Life proof say the quality has gone down and they don't hold up. I chose this over the Catalyst, and the Dog and Bone Wetsuit, because it seemed thinner, but much as I like it, I'm not sure it was the best choice or that I want to pay $75 for a case.

Any real insight out there?

I trust the major brands for what they say the case will do. But I still won't take my phone in a pool for an underwater dip. If it falls in the toilet or other water and is retrieved quickly, it'll probably be OK. But remember, these waterproof cases get wear over time. They can develop leaks. It's good to check them new and every month or so. None are effective in deep water.

gedansky

I trust the major brands for what they say the case will do. But I still won't take my phone in a pool for an underwater dip. If it falls in the toilet or other water and is retrieved quickly, it'll probably be OK. But remember, these waterproof cases get wear over time. They can develop leaks. It's good to check them new and every month or so. None are effective in deep water.
The Catalyst does say it's good down to 16 feet, which covers bases for swimming in pools or snorkeling.

My big issue is, I take my kids to a public pool, with no lockers, I don't trust anyone to stay out of my bag while I'm there, and leaving the phone in a hot car is a bad idea. The "safest" option seems to be to pick a waterproof case I can keep in my pocket if I go in the water.

One other thing... The ones with built in screen protectors... Is there a way to preserve me since they can't be replaced?