• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Video allocation confusion...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

philpott1974

Hi,
I've just purchased an ipod video and have some confusion over the following. I downloaded a movie trailer and draggind it into itune and then to the ipod and it appears on the ipod under movies. This all made sense.
However, I then converted a video file to mpeg4 using "a-one ipod to video convertor", put it into itunes and, under get info, put it into tv shows. I then dragged the file from itunes to the ipod.
When I tried to access the file (an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm) on the ipod, there was no TV Show option on the ipod menu (I don't know if such a thing is supposed to appear?) and the only way I could play back the file was to go to Video Playlists-Recently Added, where the file appeared.
My main questions are; why didn't it, at least, go under Movies and how do I get it to show up in a catagory other than under Recently Added?
I'm rather baffled so any help would be most welcome!
Thanks you
Mark