Update iPod with selected songs only

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

vincenzo

We have two iPods that we connect to the same computer. I want to be able to pick and choose which songs to transfer from the computer.

On the Apple iTunes site I found this:

"You can also set iTunes to automatically update iPod with selected songs or playlists only. This is useful if you only want to transfer a portion of your music library to iPod."
I know how to tell it to manually update only, and I know how to transfer songs by dragging them. I want to be able to select a number of songs, then have them all transferred at once.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Last edited:

Blue_Dawg

Brainwashed Right Winger
just check mark the songs you want transfered and uncheck the ones you don't. On auto sync it should only transfer the checked ones to your iPod.

vincenzo

Thanks for the reply.

I do not see any setting called autosync.

Are you referring to the settings on the iPod tab in options?

When I enable Automatically Update all Songs I get a message saying "Are you sure you want to Enable Automatic Updating - all existing songs on the iPod will be replaced by the songs in the Music Library", which is not what I want. And it seems to imply it will happen immediately, without giving me a chance to check or uncheck any songs.

Also, it seems like in the future, it would start transferring songs as soon as iTunes is opened, again, before I have a chance to check or uncheck anything.

Last edited:

snowdog99

Select the checked songs only option in iPod options.

Do the checking or unchecking of songs before you connect the iPod .