The Creature

I own "Creature" Speakers and...

• I Love them, they look and sound great!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I Hate them, there are better ones for the money

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

rhad2k

Although I plan on buying an iTrip.
I have been wondering about buying Creature speakers, mainly for my iBook, while I'm waiting for the day I can buy my iPod. What do the folks who bought them think???

Thanks in advance for your input!

Kesh

Haven't bought them, but we used them extensively with laptops and iPods at my last workplace. Sound really good, well worth the money.

kamj12

While i was playing the iPods at the apple store this weekend, the sales guy actually let me play the speakers real loud to test its capability. I was pretty impress with how loud this creature could handle and the ''touch'' volume +/- was cool too. Unfortunately i have no $dinero$ right now after buying the new iPod.

mongoos150

I have messed around with them a lot and there are definately better makes/models for the money.

Last edited:

LikeAFox

Mac Enthusiast
mongoos150 said:
I have messed around with them a lot and their are definately better makes/models for the money.
Nick, do you mean "there" not "their"? It kind of changes the meaning of your sentence depending on which one you use. :D

randydecker

Klipsch

I love the sound from Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia speakers. I don't know what they sell for in the US but they're pretty good value here.(and very loud) Other than that you can buy a digital out soundcard (or USB device) and connect to your home stereo. Your neighbours will love you.

iMchael

Man, you cannot beat the Creature Speakers for the money. They sound as good or better than SoundSticks and you can get them for about $100 now.

I've had mine for almost a year and they still are awesome. Get them, you won't be sorry.

noelty

I've got them in Silver. I paid $30 with a a $75 gift check redeemable at Amazon for test driving a Mercedes. I actually did not even have to test drive the car...the sales man just stamped my post card, I sent it into Amazon and three weeks later I got a credit in the mail.

Anyhow...for $30 these are great speakers. I have them connected to my PC although I have used them to listen to my iPod. I actually like my six year old Advents much betteer than the Creatures. I set the Advents up in my bedroom and connect the ipod to those and the sound quality is much, much better. THe Advents came with a 200MHZ Micron I bought in 1996.

THe design of the Creature is what convinced me to buy them. They look good, they sound decent and they are affordable. WHat more could you ask for?

Here is a picture of them on my desk...

rhad2k said:
Although I plan on buying an iTrip.
I have been wondering about buying Creature speakers, mainly for my iBook, while I'm waiting for the day I can buy my iPod. What do the folks who bought them think???

Thanks in advance for your input!

Rob

You are paying for the look, not the sound quality. They are acceptable but something like Logitech Z-560s or some Altec Lansings would be better.

iMchael

"Yea, my Framistan 1240 XLRLE TechRro Whatevers sound better than the Creatures."

If you're happy with your present speakers, great. But if you want to hear from an actual Creature owner then trust me, you are not just paying for the look. Creatures sound fantastic.

Last edited:

OldSkool

If your looking for a good sound at a good price I just added the iSub to my Apple Pro Speakers. I tested this setup in the Apple Store and found that the sound was comparable to Creatures or Sticks. I know its not the best setup but for the money,looks and sound its pretty good.