Smart Play List Confusion

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bubbarcjp

I would like to create a play list that I can add my work out songs to. I want to then make a smart play list that goes to the workout play list and updates it self with 60 minutes of songs each time I synch the Ipod, but I don’t want it to update with the same songs but to pick another 60 minutes of random songs from my work out play list selection.

So this is what I have so far and I keep getting this little warning
(This smart play list depends on one or more play list which cannot be found.) I do not understand it because I only the work out play list for the smart play list to update from.

Here are my rules for the smart play list:
Match all is checked
Last played -> is not in the last -> 1 -> days
Play list -> is -> work out
Limit to -> 60 -> minutes - > random
With live update checked

I also have the same problem with another smart play list and I did the same thing here I created a regular play list with the songs I listen to the most I then created a smart play list that should update it self with a handful of those songs but never the same ones. They are similar to the first one and I am also getting the same warning. (This smart play list depends on one or more play list which cannot be found.)

Here are the rules to that smart play list.
Match all is checked
Last played -> is not in the last -> 1 -> days
Play list -> is -> Top Picks
Limit to -> 20 -> songs - > random
With live update checked

mtnagel

So you get the exclamation point next to the playlist on the iPod right? I get that too. As far as I can tell, it still works as I want, which seems like what you want. When you connect your iPod, after it syncs, just make sure to right click the iPod icon and select Update Songs. My smart playlist is based on playcount = 0, so when I do that, the songs I listened to "fall" off the smart playlist and get replaced by new ones. So, as long as the songs would "fall" off the smart playlist, they should get replaced by new ones, like you want.

bubbarcjp

mtnagel said:
So you get the exclamation point next to the playlist on the iPod right?
That is exactly right. I get the same thing. I have the exclamation point. Thank you for the info I will set the playcount to zero.

Holydoc

bubbarcjp said:
That is exactly right. I get the same thing. I have the exclamation point. Thank you for the info I will set the playcount to zero.
Bubbar,

I got the same error message when I was trying to sync from a playlist that had some criteria that was causing a looping sync. I would like to see the criteria of your work-out music smart playlist so that I could determine what may be causing the looping action.

Though you can do as suggested and ignore the error and thus hoping that the looping action does not confuse Itunes too much, I am still curious to see where the looping action is occurring.