• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Sleeping with your 'Pod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bcdynamic

Read lots, Post little
Website
forums.bcdynamic.com
Contrary to what the thread title may suggest, this is not in any way suggestive, unless you have a fetish for white plastic and chrome. :)

I was just wondering, how many of you sleep with your iPod? Do you plug it into speakers with the sleep timer on, and listen that way? Or do you use earphones (to not disturb others)? And if you use earphones, aren't you worried that you might sleep on it and in doing so, wreck it?

I guess you could shove it in a sock with the Hold switch on. Anyways, have any horror stories about this to share? Or maybe you can tell me your method of keeping your iPod safe and snuggly while listening to it?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Pips

Website
www.eep.jperry.net
Eugh. No sleepy with headphones, and definatly not earbuds. I fell asleep with earbuds on one time, listening to my old cd player.. woke up the next morning with the chord wrapped tightly around my neck, more than one loop. Definatly not something I'd repeat. I do hook it up to speakers and turn the volume down, but never again with earphones.

bcdynamic

Read lots, Post little
Website
forums.bcdynamic.com
I was thinking about that. I've done the same thing. I guess it's a safety hazard as well, with the earbuds in. Not only can you strangle yourself, but it's hard to hear the fire alarm with some good music cranking in the background. Foolish me...

Pips

Website
www.eep.jperry.net
It scared me quite a bit @__@; long cord, and I thrash like nuts, so I was pretty much tied up by my own cd player.

Yay for electronic bondage?

iZON

iPod Patrol
Sleep timer? What sleep timer?

I've slept with me iPod a few times *stop laughing* I usually thread the earphone cable throug the lattice on the headboard so there's little or no risk of it getting wrapped around me neck.

But I do worry about dust, even worse, falling asleep and crushing the poor thing.

snowgirl87

i hook mine up to speakers that are on the shelf of my headboard.....i leave it plugged in to the charger so that when my playlist is done, it ####s off and begins charging.

QUICK ?:do you guys make bedtime playlists?

Rigby

i fell asleep listening to mine once...it was still running in the morning (on the on the charger) the buds somehow were still in my ears but the cord went up my sleve around my back out the other sleve and off the bed down to the ipod......dont ask i have no clue how they went completly through my shirt

smai

hehe.. i sleep with mine all the time and nothing bad has really happened.. i have carpetted floor so i wouldn't worry about it falling.. but i wake up and it's fine. also, i do make bedtime playlists with nice quiet music so i can fall asleep easier.

and like i was telling rigby.. wouldn't being strangled and killed by your ipod the most hardcore fan way to go out? that's how i want to die

Petary791

Prog Enthusiast
Yup I do. I put them on my inMotion, sometimes a mellow playlist, or sometimes a heavy one. I put it on for a 30 minute timer if i'm going straight to bed, but if i'm reading before bed, I put it on for 60 minutes.

iZON

iPod Patrol
This sleep timer thing is a revelation to me. I have to try it out some time. I have a 'mellow' playlist that I call 'Electric Sheep' after Philip K ####s famous SF book 'Do Androids Dream of...'

WebbyBabe

I sleep with my ipod all the time. I fell asleep and woke up to song number 254. It was weird. The battery hadn't even wore out yet.

smorzander

Movie Master
i fall asleep with my ipod mini. i sleep 6 feet in the air in my "loft" (its like a bunk bed w/out the bed on the bottom, only on top) i dont think it will fall cuz my loft has like 1ft sides so i dont fall too. i put my mini on the other side of my bed (queen size) so i dont roll over onto it. and whenever i wake up the earbuds have fallen out. i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!) so i guess my mini hasnt tried to suffocate me yet.

Churchy

theres a cool "brainwave generator" program you can get (free i think) that outputs wav files that help you sleep ... i might load a couple of em onto my 'pod and let em send me to sleep :)

Darunia

grey... with creamium
I do it all the time... I don't use the sleep timer though. I let one album play, by the time the last song is over I'm already sleeping :)
It's a habit of mine, I couldn't imagine falling asleep without music :p

churnopol

Website
www.4pp13.com
i sleep with my ipod photo under my blanket. Lately I've been listening to Skye Sweetnam to put me to sleep. She's yet another good canadian pop/punk/rock chick like Avril and Fefe.

Anyways i use the earbuds. I pop them out of my ears just before i fall asleep. Those around-the-neck headphones hurt and the neckband makes sleep cumbersome.

Does anyone here use those sonyy noise cancelling earbuds for sleep, do they work well?

FallN

iPod therefore I am
smorzander said:
i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!)
Happy Early Birthday! And the "hot girlfriend" comment was hillarious. :D

As for me "sleeping" with my iPod, I did that twice when I got it, but not on purpose. I had accidently fallen asleep with the earbuds on and the music playing.

I have "Brainwave" and Sleep CDs that I bought ripped to my iPod. I just select that as the Playlist and I pass out in no time normally. I've just recently started using the "sleep timer" but since my iPod is docked with full power going to it, it charges while playing the sleep music and once the playlist is up, it stops itself anyway... so I'm good to go. :)

FallN

iPod therefore I am
Churchy said:
theres a cool "brainwave generator" program you can get (free i think) that outputs wav files that help you sleep ...
Can you provide a link or info where to find that program? Thanks. :)