Should i buy iPod Touch off Craigslist? Does apple service ipods for free?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mts_rkr94

I found a deal on craigslist for the ipod touch and i contacted the person too. He told me its brand new in box but doesnt have a warranty with it. Should i buy it without warranty? Does apple service iPods for free even without warranty? Thanks

AndyT4097

All iPods come with a one year warranty. This iPod must be over a year old. Apple does not service iPods for free once the warranty has expired.

parkgirl

I wouldn't buy it unless there is a warranty. There is just too much that could go wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

GatorDeb

If I have one for sale (with 2 year warranty) can I post that here? :)

ahMEmon

I have bought 3 BNIB iPods of craigslist, an 5.5G 80GB iPod video, a 160 GB iPod Classic and a 32 GB 1G iPod touch, and I was able to register ALL THREE with Apple. As a matter of fact, the 80GB iPod video had a faulty headphone port which was tested and immediately replaced at the Apple store with no problems.

I suppose "No Warranty" means it's over a year old?

AndyT4097

Thats correct. No warranty means over a year old, I would assume if it has no warranty as described in the listing.

VipFREAK

Got both my Touches along with a bunch of other stuff off CL, no problems. Sold a bunch of stuff thru them too.