Sennheisher Headphones

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

geckos

Hey ya'll. Does anyone out there use Sennheiser's with their IPods? A friend of mine recommended them to me because I got sick of the factory earbuds. I was wondering if anyone could let me know which ones to take a look at. Thanks.

Sydd

Just for music listening? Are you going for earbuds or full sized?

captainnewbie

last count i had 26 pairs of Sennheiser's, so what d'you want to know?

The CX range goes down well, with the counterfeit market as well as enthusiasts so be careful. The same goes for the PX100/200.

http://fakeheadphones.com/

I've currently got my HD25-1 headphones on listening to 'Africa - Toto. The HD25-1's are my all time favourite headphones. Small ... ish enough to be potable, easy to drive, every part is replaceable, cable, ear pads, drivers, headband everything is replaceable. In fact you could buy one part at t time and build you HD-25-1's that way. The sound is much brighter, less veiled than 90% of the Sennheiser range.

The new HD range is quite good HD218, 228, 238. portable very crisp, but my HD238's don't do rap or beat driven music without a protest from the diaphragms.

Sennheiser IEm's I don't really like although I have the CX300, 400 & 500. I prefer Ultimate Ears IEM's, although since being taken over by Logitech UE's customer service has gone down the pan.

I'd buy the PX100 over the slightly more expensive PX200, although i don't like PX100 styling. But i prefer the iGrado's over the PXs'

Generally, I prefer Grado over Sennheiser (bar the HD25-1), and Grado are bringing out an IEm version, the GR8 $199 and IGI $89, don't know whether they've actually been released yet.

http://www.soundearphones.com/shop/317-grado-gr8-in-ear-earphones/

http://www.soundearphones.com/shop/318-grado-igi-in-ear-earphones/

What else do you want to know?

geckos

Just for music listening? Are you going for earbuds or full sized?
Anything really, although some of the fullsize ones seem a bit clumsy to me. Also i don't want to spend more then $75.

Sydd

Well captainnewbie first off is 100% right about the counterfeit stuff, I had a friend who was duped once so be careful and order from a trustworthy place. Judging by your last post, you don't want to spend to much and im going to go out on a limb, you are not a massive audiophile? If im wrong I apologize but if I'm right then captainnewbies suggestion of the Sennheiser cx or px series in ear buds would be probably the perfect thing for you as far as cost and AQ go. Are these for an ipod or something else? If you want to check out their lineup you can get all their info here, and if your lucky even get a free pair if the senheiser tour come to your town. Good luck
http://www.sennheisersoundtour.com/facebook

captainnewbie

I'd go for the HD218, 228 or 238 then ... what ever you feel your budget allows.

The HD range isn't full size per se, they're big enough to use comfortably at home and small enough not to draw attention outside.

geckos

captainnewbie, your right they aren't massive, so I'm not totally turned off by them, but I like the idea of the small buds, and being able to toss them in my pocket, but...How is the sound? Could I get as good of sound quality with one of their high end ear buds, over a full size that is lower end?

captainnewbie

depends on the buds really! the HD238's are very crisp, very detailed and the sound is very good. unless you get a have decent pair of buds (not sennheiser though) then you might struggle to keep up with the 238's.

misper666

i've had CX300's. today, if you want something similar with better sound i would go for denons C551s though they are slightly more expensive.

though as we're talking senns i have a pair HD25-1 cans (HD580 copper cable) & my denon C551 earphones sound almost identical.

dcorban

I have tried many pairs of headphones with my 5.5G Ipod and by far the overall best for comfort, sound, and price are the Sennheiser PX100. They are light, on-ear headphones. The sound quality will blow you away. They are portable and fold up nicely. These are absolutely amazing for their size. I can't believe how clear and strong the low end is on these things. I often wear them while riding my bike and I can hear clear bass down to 25hz or so, but it isn't overpowering like other low end headphones. These have a great neutral, clean sound.

For in-ears, I have the Sennheiser CX300. They are bass-heavy, like any low price in-ears, but fit me perfectly (unlike the other 3 brands I have tried), and the sound is crisp and clear. There is a big problem with counterfeits, but you can find legit ones if you buy from the right people.

Millie

Sennheiser Headphones X500

I have purchased these the X500 : can't use them as my ear canals are too small for them, so have had to revert to the over the ear headphones which are hot and not as good a sound.

Mochan

Sennheiser produces all sorts of sound signatures with their diffferent models. Some are good but some are bad. You should try a Sennheiser can before buying it because of the wide range of models they are all different and some will simply not fit your taste.