Rip songs directly to iPod with iTunes?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

podsonic

I just got my new iPod yesterday, so have mercy on me. Can you rip songs directly to the iPod without going to the hard drive first? I don't like having all these files hanging around nor do I like the 2 step process of rip then copy to iPod. I see myself playing music directly from the iPod and not the computer. Thanks in advance!

Website
www.johnpauldavis.org
No, you cannot. If you set the iPod to be updated manually, you can delete the songs frm the hard drive once you've moved them. But, as mnay users have discovered the hard way, if you choose to do that, a backup of the files (on CD-R or DVD-R) is highly reccomended!

podsonic

eustacescrubb said:
No, you cannot. If you set the iPod to be updated manually, you can delete the songs frm the hard drive once you've moved them. But, as mnay users have discovered the hard way, if you choose to do that, a backup of the files (on CD-R or DVD-R) is highly reccomended!
What a shame that you can't go directly to the iPod from your CD! I wonder what the thinking was on that one!

ipodtodd

podsonic said:
What a shame that you can't go directly to the iPod from your CD! I wonder what the thinking was on that one!
I'm not sure, but it may be pretty tough to put mp3 encoding software on the ipod itself. And of course they want you to buy a new computer with at least a 60 gb hard drive, so you don't have to worry about it.