rcainputs.com anyone else?

sriggins

I bought a line in adaptor for my Ford Taurus from www.rcainputs.com. It basically replaced my CD Changer, as I cannot add any other radio into my car (goofy faceplate + automatic AC)

Anyway, it works great, except if I am on AM radio for about 2 mins, the unit, which tricks the head unit into thinking a CD player is really there, shuts off, so the head unit no longer sees the CD. Only solution is to reboot the car heh (power cycle it)

Anyone else using one of these? With the new iPods, I put the dock on the console and it stays put, but it sucks to have it turn off. RCAInputs had never heard of this before, so I wanted to get feedback from others.

Steve

lowmagnet

I have a PIE adaptor. Works pretty well. I would have got a RCAInput model, but they are $20 more than the PIE, and the PIE also comes with the DIN for Hondas (throw-out part for me, but extra with RCAI)

dean0

does anyone know of a site or database to find out if your car radio has the cd changer input? i have a factory deck, and don't want to change it (if i did i would get one with a aux input on the front) but i really don't want to pull apart my dash to find out if i have the cd changer plug-in or not

Rich

dean0 said:
does anyone know of a site or database to find out if your car radio has the cd changer input?
Just look at the controls on your deck. If there aren't any labels that look like they may be for the control of a changer, then your deck probably doesn't have a changer input.

dean0

what kinda controls would i be looking for? it's a factory deck for a 1995 blazer. so i guess it would be a delco deck? or is it mopar?

Rich

dean0 said:
what kinda controls would i be looking for? it's a factory deck for a 1995 blazer. so i guess it would be a delco deck? or is it mopar?
MOPAR?! How dare you confuse Chrysler with GM! :D

It's probably a DELCO since every GM factory deck I've ever owned (6) was a DELCO. I now have a '98 Jimmy that had a factory deck (installed an Alpine). On the deck there was a CD/AUX button. AUX being for an external audio source. I don't think it's the same radio for a '95, but the feature may still be there.

photo grabbed from http://www.carstereohelp.com/.

Attachments

Last edited:

dean0

ahhhh, a picture is worth a thousand words. i'll take a good look after work.

i'm still waiting for my itrip, but if i don't like the sound quality on it, i think i'll most likley have to break down and get a set-up like this.