Qi Wireless Charging with Lightning pass thru

esbaylus

Hi,
I see that you can add wireless charging with a Qi adapter that plugs into the lightning connector, and sits under the case for my iPhone SE. But that then doesn't allow me to charge with a wire. Correct?

Is there a Qi adapter that has pass thru lightning connector? For charging when I'm not home, or in the car? Or am I doing this wrong??

TIA

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
Your conclusion seems correct. You would have to unplug the Qi to have wired charging.

There is no Qi pass through adapter. I guess they think that if you charged the phone up at home, it has enough charge until you return. Or get 2 Qi, one for home one for work.

I would think they would have put this into the original design for wired syncing. Maybe people are OK with wireless only.

The only lightning pass through device I can find is the new Belkin for the iPhone 7 so you can listen with real headphones (as required on an airplane) and charge at the same time. Belkin announces simultaneous Lightning headphone and charging adapter for iPhone 7

Of course that would not work well for a Qi. And the thought of 3 adapters on the bottom of an iPhone 7 to listen and charge at the same time makes me want to get an iPhone 6s and leave it in the box for a couple years, and when the headphone jack is brought back in the iPhone 9 I can survive until then.

esbaylus

This would seem to be such a no-brainer. Some kind of THIN sleeve into the iphone port, which the regular lightning connector could then fit into....

esbaylus

Hi, I'm still looking for a QI charging with the ability to also charge and sync wired. I really don't want a new case to do this.... anything new in the last year??

Last edited: