• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Problems with Repair Company M Blue Ltd

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Yicker

Another victim of the cowboys at M Blue

I wish I'd seen these messages before I sent my HTC Desire HD to M Blue, I've had nothing but problems with them ever since.

I sent my phone to them to get the LCD screen replaced, other than this the phone was in full working order. A couple of days later I got a phone call to say that they'd found that the touch screen was not working due to a crack. I pointed out to them that the screen was working fine when I sent it to them but they insisted that it wasn't anything to do with them and was like this when they received it. I asked them to just repair the LCD screen which they did and sent the phone back to me. On return the LCD was now thankfully working fine but the touch screen was not.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and sent the phone back for the touch screen to be replaced. Surprise surprise a couple of days later I get a phone call to say that they've found that the LCD screen is damaged and that they would happily replace it... for a fee of course. I pointed out to them that the LCD screen was the one they had replace only 2 weeks previously. Their response was that it must have been my fault and that it must have been dropped and as a result it's not covered by the warranty.

I spoke to a manager who tried to claim that when they did the original repair on the LCD screen they also replace the touch screen free of charge... complete rubbish.

He then said that he'd have to speak to an engineer and call me back as what I was saying didn't sound right. Unsurprisingly I haven't received any call so I guess I'm going to have to chase it up in the morning.

And in response to Andy M, I'm not a competitor just a genuine customer who sent his phone for repair in good faith and has been ripped off. :mad:

Topbird

Don't Use M Blue Limited

I wish I had found this forum before using M Blue Limited. I posted my son's iPod to them by Royal Mail special delivery next day 1pm service and it arrived (or so I thought) on the Monday as it stated on the RM website with a copy of the electronic signature on there.
I emailed the company a few times and eventually yesterday got a phone call from a guy saying they didn't know what was happening with my iPod because they didn't have it!
They accepted that it was their signature that I had on the RM website but still denied ever seeing the device.
They are blaming Royal Mail even though they've signed for the delivery!
:shake:
I also am not a competitor just another customer being ripped off!

trevkin

M Blue made me blue

I agree with most of this thread, this company is shockingly bad and they know it too.

I sent an HTC sensation with cracked screen which they repaired quite fast but when I got it back the edge of the screen was unresponsive and doing strange things.
I called them, they said to send it in and they would refund my postage.
I did this but within about four days they called saying they could not find anything wrong and would have to charge me £12 to send the unit back to me.
I sent them an email complaining about this but eventually gave in and said I would pay the £12 but when ever I emailed or called to try and pay they were unable to take my payment. This went on for two weeks until I got hold of a senior support guy who sent it back to me.
Needless to say, my phone is now totally useless, the screen is still doing wierd things and i have given up in disgust with this terrible company!

Banana123

M Blue are awful - do not use

Firstly I am not a competitor of M Blue

I am a working Dad who has a teenage daughter who dropped her phone 6 weeks ago. M Blue came up in Google as top ranked reply to HTC repairs - so Google have a hand in what happened next.

Sent phone for diagnostic - took 4 weeks of constant haggling before some shyster tricked me into paying £40 for a repair & promised phone would be posted to me that afternoon.

You know the rest - I rang several times, was lied to on each occassion. They are infuriating & impossible to deal with as each time you call you get a different, credible answer to your complaint. So you get strung along a bit.

They are crooks & I suggest your courses of action are these:

Claim any monies back through small claims track
Report to Trading Standards/Consumer Advice
Report to Companies House for illegal trading practices
Visit them face to face for your refund/returns - i am more than happy to collect any willing passengers & go up there together
Generally give them as much hassle as you can

peterthomas

Did anyone report the M Blue ltd to anuthorities or may be cops for deceits and Fraudulent dealing in business? Will that help in stopping them from their doings? I mean what could we do as consumers?

Pwilliamson

I am having a bad experience with a repair company named M Blue Ltd, who I paid to replace a cracked broken screen on my IPOD 4th gen, on return of my IPOD I found that both the power buttons and volume buttons were now not working. I return the IPOD back for further investigation to which they informed me that someone else had opened the IPOD and caused the damage not them and thus are refusing to carry out the repair or replace the IPOD. Has any one else experienced a poor service from this company?
I have just sent my phone to them to repair a simple cracked glass cover. Their website makes false claims about how long they take to repair the item and to add insult to injury when you call them to chase it up they lie about it. They have had my phone over a week now. They said I would have it back today but when I called again, they spun the same yarn as the last time I called regarding a problem with parts. I also told them ( speaking as an ex trading standards solicitor) that their website made false claims about how long they take to repair items. They now say that they will retunr the time to me today and it should be with me by tomorrow but looking at this thread, I wont be suprised if U dont see it. I plan to get in touch with my old Trading Standards team to see the full extent of the complaints about this awful disreputable company.
DO NOT USE M BLUE FOR REPAIRS - THEY TRADE UNDER A VARIETY OF NAMES SO IT MAY NOT BE APPARENT THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH THEM UNTIL ITS TOO LATE AND YOU HAVE PAID YOUR MONEY.

bristolguy

Who will join me in action against M BLUE?

:mad:Another complaint against M Blue. Won't bore you with all the details (will only raise my blood pressure again) but I have been treated absolutely appallingly by this company. Right from the start of things going wrong managers refused to "speak to customers" and things got progressively worse. I am now out of pocket, have a phone that is more damaged than when I sent it and am getting absolutely nowhere in trying to resolve (I tried through paypal but they do not cover 'services')

Anyway - clearly there are lots of us who are unhappy about M BLUE. I will complain through trading standards (I hope you all have too), but thought that there must be other ways that we can inform others about their practices. I have posted my concern and this link on my facebook page (perhaps we all should) and am tempted to create an anti- M Blue webpage. Not done this before so if anyone is up for doing it I will happily fund the costs.

Any other ideas?

senorfrog49

Mblue problems

Sent my iphone 3gs to have the backlight fixed. Iwas told it would be £29 for a diagnostic check, which would be taken off any repair charges,o.k. So far!! After 1 week, and not hearing anythihg i phoned them and was told they had sent for a replacement part,but could not tell me which part. After another week of silence from them i phoned again,and was told their "technician" was checking the phone and they would phone me later in the day.....nothing. Phoned again the next day, and was told exactly the same as the day before. Again no phone call from them.phoned again this morning and again was told their "technician" was looking looking into it and they would phone me later in the day. I told them that they had had the phone for 3 weeks, but still they could not give me a time when the phone would be ready. They said i could have the phone sent back to me now but that the repair would not be completed, so having given up hope of a decent repair from them i told them to send me the phone back. Having now read the reviews about them, i dread to think what condition it will be in.i shall post another review when (or if) i get my phone back.

Harpoe

in short i am being ripped off by mblue also , sent my ipod touch in for a new screen on the 7/7/12 ( £44.99) had a message to call them back 7 days later and was cojoled into paying for a new back despite it just being a tiny dent (further£25) . had ipod back 17/7/12 and noticed it would not accept a charger or charge in an ipod dock , called mblue straight away who told me to send it back and they would "look at it" . i did not receive contact until the 6/8/12 which was a mail stating" further repair need" . rang them and spoke to a taciturn advisor who told me i had to cough up £39.99 fopr a new chargeing port , i refused to pay as i had not damaged it ,he was stone cold adamant that mblue did not cause the damage & insisted that it had been tested before being returned , i gave up arguing with the bloke and told him to send it me back and informed him i would be in touch with trading standards ( he said "Fine" , i did they did not want to know & refered me to consumer advice helpline they where not much help either merely told me to get it checked independently . i would if they would send it back . but that was 7 days ago & still no sign of it . have tried to complain via paypal but having just read bristolguys review it appers thats hopeless too . this company must know that as consumers we are pretty hopeless when it comes to being ripped of and therefore mblue must be taking adavantage of this and doing as they please . i am absolutely livid , i have lost over £80.00 in repairs and postage . i am open to advice on any ideas as to what action to try next guys .so much for mblues bost of a 24hour turnaround on repairs , weeks more like

Harpoe

:mad:Another complaint against M Blue. Won't bore you with all the details (will only raise my blood pressure again) but I have been treated absolutely appallingly by this company. Right from the start of things going wrong managers refused to "speak to customers" and things got progressively worse. I am now out of pocket, have a phone that is more damaged than when I sent it and am getting absolutely nowhere in trying to resolve (I tried through paypal but they do not cover 'services')

Anyway - clearly there are lots of us who are unhappy about M BLUE. I will complain through trading standards (I hope you all have too), but thought that there must be other ways that we can inform others about their practices. I have posted my concern and this link on my facebook page (perhaps we all should) and am tempted to create an anti- M Blue webpage. Not done this before so if anyone is up for doing it I will happily fund the costs.

Any other ideas?
i had no joy through trading stanadards , have only just opened a paypal dispute i now see form your post this is fruitless also :( if i find a way to get retribution i will let everyone know on here bristolguy, rest assured !

kornchild2002

If PayPal goes through your credit card, you might be able to refuse the charges on it. For example, I ordered a product through eBay many, many years ago. It came in and was not in the condition it was listed in. I complained and the seller said they would refund my money if I sent the product back. I did but they never funded my PayPal account. I opened a dispute with PayPal but they didn't do anything so I refused the charges on my credit card. That finally got PayPal's attention. They threatened to close my account and send my bill to a collection agency. A few arguments with a manager and I was able to get my charges dropped since it was a mess up on their end for not providing me with the buyer's "insurance" they constantly advertise.

senorfrog49

MORE MBLUE b******T!!!!!!

Update from august thread. Was told and recieved email that mblue had finally decided what was wrong with my phone.(needed new backlight) was told the phone would be sent within 2 days,now 5 days and no phone. Phoned them today(again) and was told that it would be another 3-5 days before the phone would be ready.original quote has gone from £41 to over £70. Every time i phone they give me some excuse or other why the phone is not ready.infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will i ever see my phone again??? Who knows? Least of all mblue it seems.why is it so hard to get a simple repair done and the phone returned?will post next thread if and when my phone is returned!!
In the meantime be warned....................do not use this company!!!!!

lowdowntwotone

M Blue Avoid at all costs

Terrible customer service and broken promises . replace the back and front bezel. returned the repair without cleaning the unit, did not put it back together properly, vibrate was not working on return...Sent it back to be done again. Have had it for weeks and keep saying the engineers are working on it don't care. DO NOT USE....

ipoduser9

MBlue - do not use this company

I have been through a miserable process with MBlue. I have had to return my iPod three times and each time they have simply sent it back without fixing it. They have charged me a lot of money and I don't have a working iPod! On the phone they are no help at all.

Palzad

MBlueLtd.co.uk

More problems with MBlueLtd.co.uk.! Sent an iPod for repair of dock only but after having to chase they sent it back unrepaired and with a note saying it needed additional parts! No phone call beforehand and no refund for not fixing!:shake: thanks for taking £40 off me ! Worst company experience in 30 years.Anyone asking for a good company to repair electronics will be told not to use them .

ann910

Problems with MBlue (also known as iphonerepairs.co.uk AND Neutronics)

This company are operating under 3 names that I know of.

I sent my phone to the company who took the payment of £59.99.
They took about 2 weeks (NOT 3-5 days) then said they required a further
£40.00 as the midframe was bent.

I asked that they send the phone back without repair. THEY HAVE SAID THEY WOULD RETURN ONLY £25.00 ! The phone is in a worse state than
before.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I intend to take this further . Daylight robbery !!!!!!!

tony4567

hi this is a post for the M BLUE company PLEASE DO NOT TRUST YOUR HIGH COSTiphones ipods or anything of any value to these so called repairers as they do not actually repair items they will take your money and return your precious items worse than they were before they went into this so called workshop i have a court case pending so cannot comment on the item itself only to say i sent an iphone 4s 16gb to them and it was returned to me minus the logic board,retaining screws,and battery so be WARNED PEOPLE

sportscoachjm

Just had a similar experience sending 2 ipod touches for new screen and water damage check on Jan 4th.
Tracked them on arrival and all seemed well. After a week or so called to find update and was promised 'personal service' and call back on the same day. this happened 3 times.
When i did get a call it was to say the Home button was needed to be changed too. Naively I paid over the phone by card and waited another week. A second call from them asked for more money to fix a battery and screen issue that was never mentioned in any of the earlier conversations. Even an email said they were sending them by the end of the week and they never came..
Finally arrived today with several issues unresolved after 4 weeks. Best avoided.

RoboSmith

I too have had issues with MBlue, I sent my iPod touch 4th gen in for repair quite some time ago after much back and forth i gave up and took it to illPod they fixed it for me the same day and it has been fine ever since. Moral of the story avoid MBlue