Old 5GB iPod + iSee case + iTrip?

jjclub

I have an old 5GB iPod and old iSee case and I am probably going to buy an iTrip. As many people said that iTrip must be used without case on the iPod. How should I do to use iTrip with iSee case?

Is there anyone have any experience with this combination? Or do you guys have any suggestion?

Dennis Lloyd

Administrator
jjclub said:
I have an old 5GB iPod and old iSee case and I am probably going to buy an iTrip. As many people said that iTrip must be used without case on the iPod. How should I do to use iTrip with iSee case?

Is there anyone have any experience with this combination? Or do you guys have any suggestion?
The iTrip will not work while the iPod is in an iSee case. The plastic on the top of iSee inhibits the iTrip to be plugged into iPod all-the-way. I just tried it with 5GB+iSee+iTrip. You would need some kind of extension cable for iTrip, but I'm not sure if there are any compatible with the special headphone port on iPod.

Last edited:

jjclub

Thanks for the reply, iPodlounger!

Do you have any "inside information" that Griffin will change their design to fit on most cases? I mean they can have a flexible headphone plug that can fit in any thickness of case to resolve this prboblem. I personally don't think they will change anyhting just for the cases.

Secondly, can iTrip II be used in all versions of iPod including my old 5GB? If so, I will have to wait again to buy iTrip. I asked because I might also buy a new 30GB iPod in the furure, I don't want to buy 2 iTrips for different version of iPods. But again I don't think it could be used for all iPods.:mad:

It's all about money....... *sigh*

Island Roots

jjclub said:
Thanks for the reply, iPodlounger!

Do you have any "inside information" that Griffin will change their design to fit on most cases? I mean they can have a flexible headphone plug that can fit in any thickness of case to resolve this prboblem. I personally don't think they will change anyhting just for the cases.

Secondly, can iTrip II be used in all versions of iPod including my old 5GB? If so, I will have to wait again to buy iTrip. I asked because I might also buy a new 30GB iPod in the furure, I don't want to buy 2 iTrips for different version of iPods. But again I don't think it could be used for all iPods.:mad:

It's all about money....... *sigh*
The revisions of the iTrip will be to only work on the new iPods. Due to the changes in design, they will most likely not be backwards compatible with the old iPods.

Don't expect any new features with the revised iTrips; the only things that are being changed is the design to fit the new iPods.

MikeM

Administrator
i just got an isee case for my old 10gb. while not the perfect solution, i used an x-acto knife and a half round file [to clean things up] on the top of the isee case to make the itrip fit.

only a little material needs to be removed. it doesn't look as nice because the areas i worked on are no longer clear. but since my itrip is plugged in most of the time, i don't really mind.

i can post pictures if anyone is interested. its a simple 5 minute procedure and i don't believe it weakens the case strength much.

jjclub

MikeM said:
i just got an isee case for my old 10gb. while not the perfect solution, i used an x-acto knife and a half round file [to clean things up] on the top of the isee case to make the itrip fit.

only a little material needs to be removed. it doesn't look as nice because the areas i worked on are no longer clear. but since my itrip is plugged in most of the time, i don't really mind.

i can post pictures if anyone is interested. its a simple 5 minute procedure and i don't believe it weakens the case strength much.
Oh really? You put on iSee and iTrip all together on your 10GB iPod? That's great! Can you please post the picture to show how to do that?