• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

New to Iphone

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Orioa

Hi I am Orioa and i was just wondering if someone maybe able to help me. I do not lke the home screen or app launcher or whatever it is call i had a android and i was able to get launchers like smart launcher , nova and a few others is there anything like that for iphone? Any help would be greatly appreciated .Thank you in advance

cjmnews

Staff member
In the iPhone world we don't have the freedom to change much, especially the app launcher (Springboard) which is installed and maintained by Apple.

If you happen to have iOS 9.1 or lower, you can go through a process called Jailbreak where you can install software that is not from the iTunes Store and get some neat features. I had an iPad on iOS7 that was jailbroken for several years until I upgraded it to get some new features.

There are alternate Springboards and App management tools, as well as Apps when you are outside of the Apple jail. You can also brick your system, and get a virus, so be careful, follow steps carefully. I get my info on this at reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak where in the side bar you can see what versions of iOS have been broken and the team with the steps to free your iPhone from Apple jail.

When my iPad had a jailbreak on it, I had ad blocking in the Safari browser, and an alternate Spring Board that would allow me to have as many buttons as I wanted on it, with options to scroll the bar as well. But I also lost the use of some applications that could detect the jailbreak and refuse to run.

If you are on iOS 9.2 or higher, you are stuck with what you have. You can do things like move useless application (iTunes Store, News, Stocks, Tips, Watch) into a folder, then put the folder on a page at the end by itself.

You can look for alternate apps, like Overcast instead of Podcasts, Google Maps instead of Apple Maps (too bad you can't make Google Maps the default mapping software), Chrome instead of Safari (too bad you can't run plugins or make Chrome the default browser), or the Ad Block Plus Browser (not as stable as Safari, but at least it is free ad blocking).

On the iPhone you can install alternate keyboards. You'll have to be on iOS 9.0 or higher, but at least that is there. If you are on an iPhone 5s or better, you can install an ad blocker to Safari as a plugin, also requires iOS 9.0 or better.

You can't choose the iOS you are running. You are either on the one you have or upgrade to the latest. There is no in between.

On the positive side, there are significantly less security flaws on iOS (assuming no jailbreak) since StageFright is not on it exposing the entire phone to remote take over attacks. You have almost no virus risk on iOS (99.7% are on android), the apps on iOS are generally playing nicely and not stealing your personal data. And you know that Apple is not willing to break into your phone for the government, and are trying to make it so they can't ever do it.

Orioa

do you know how to remove or hide thedock from bottom of screen

cjmnews

Staff member
This is also not possible without a jailbreak.