• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Mac changing wallpaper on each restart

paulschofield76

Hi,

My MBP is changing the wallpaper every time I restart or login. I've set the rotation option to be every day. Is this normal?
Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
There has been a long standing issue where a Mac will revert to the default background at start up.

That one is usually fixed by closing Desktop 1 (Ctrl Up Arrow) that is still showing the default background.

What you are saying I think is that the rotation gets updated if you login/reboot in the middle of the day when you said to change it daily. I think this is normal. The computer does not store which picture was displayed each day or what was picked for today. It just opens a picture and displays it. When you log in, it doesn't know that you saw picture x from breakfast until now, so it selects a new picture and shows it to you and won't change it until tomorrow or another reboot / login event.

It seems normal to me.

paulschofield76

Thanks for your answer.
The default background isn't displayed apart from being blurred in the background at the login page.
I have the rotation set to my Favourites. I can reboot 3 times in 5 minutes and each time I've got a different wallpaper on the main desktop.
I was assuming the wallpaper would change once a day whether I rebooted or not but from what you said that's not the case.
Thanks for that. I thought I was missing something.