iTrip reviews?

devs23

I ordered an iTrip for my ipod about 2 weeks ago, so it should ship this week (they said 3 weeks). I was wondering if the device is worth it. In total, I am spending $60 w/ car charger. Is anyone totally satisfied with the itrip? Reviews? Thanks.

dean0

click on the reviews to find the ipodlounge review, it's nnot too in-depth, but it does go over the basics. ipoding also has a review, a bit more in-depth.

both reviews say the product is great, i can't wait for mine to come, i check the front desk at the office almost every hour waiting for it to come!

mrkablooey

TimB said:
I ordered mine based on the iPodLounge review!

I can't wait either. :)

-=Tim=-
did you order from griffin directly? I ordered mine last night (Saturday) with overnight shipping (extra couple bucks). hope to get it Tuesday. the resellers were all "backorder" or "call" so figure getting it from griffin was the way to go.

mrkablooey

devs23 said:
I ordered mine almost 3 weeks ago and paid for 2-day shipping...still nothing....
slackers. ;)

they're at some apple stores, but not the 2 near me. I would have imagined you'd have gotten yours already. I hope to get a confirmation email tomorrow, they said they'd process within 24 hours. I'll let you know.

applejack

I ordered mine back in january when they were first taking pre-orders and have yet to get a shipping confirmation or anything. I e-mailed them about it and got the same old song-n-dance..about a two to three week wait.

If someone who just ordered theirs gets it before me, I'm gonna be upset!

-b

mrkablooey

applejack said:
I ordered mine back in january when they were first taking pre-orders and have yet to get a shipping confirmation or anything. I e-mailed them about it and got the same old song-n-dance..about a two to three week wait.

If someone who just ordered theirs gets it before me, I'm gonna be upset!

-b
I hope to get mine way before you get yours!! ;)

ablao

I ordered an iTrip in April and was waiting. Then I ordered it at the online Apple Store last Wednesday...to my suprise it arrived Saturday. Cancelled my Griffin order. You would think that Griffin
would have enough for all the people who ordered it directly.

Couple of things, the FireWire flap does get in the way...it kept
pushing the iTrip up, meaning there wasn't a secure plug connection. I just use a rubber band to hold down the cover. I can't bring myself to cutting/ripping it off.

Does it work with iSkin? Yes and No. Yes it works when it is plugged in, but when you want to use it with a charger, it doesn't
because the front lip of the iSkin is pretty fat, so that extra piece
that goes into the Firewire port does not clear the lip.

I'm still testing it out, but sofar it worth the money. Recption has been good and its very easy to use.

iCamp

The firewire plug is only there to keep the iTrip in position, right? Could you just cut it off? I would guess the headphone plug would hold the thing in place (though it would probably spin).

ablao

No, I didn't have to cut my iSkin to make it work. The iTrip sits on top fine.

i don't think you can cut the firewire plug off. The image on there site is the prototype-it kinda different on the actual iTrip. I don't have a camera, if I did I would take a picture. The plug is not just a flap, it's part of the housing. The plug has a slot where the firewire male connector goes in, thus holding it in place. Does that make sense? I'll try to get a picture of it.

mrkablooey

Griffin basically told me to p*ss off, but in more words. ;)

"The iTrip is now shipping on a first ordered, first shipped basis. We have
received a large amount of orders for the iTrip, so we can't give an
accurate delivery date at this time. :("

I'll keep the order but check-in with the local Apple store from time-to-time. Maybe just order it from Apple directly as someone said they got theirs quickly that way.

JoshuaZ

iTrip at Apple Stores

My roomies and I went up to the Apple Store in Southdale Minnesota to get a new Power Adaptor for his 12in Powerbook, and we were scoping out the iPod hardware. I said "Man I'd only buy the iTrip." Than one of the guys picked up a box on the bottom shelf and said "here you go." Apparently they just got them in yesterday, and the employees were surprised to get them at all because they "don't get stuff for discontinued products." I was apparently the first one to buy an iTrip there. $35, so its the same price but without the shipping.

Ok, so we loaded up to the software for the iTrip through my friend's Powerbook for the ride home (thanks Apple store for letting me use your firewire cable!) except we couldn't figure it out, at first. We gave up and just used a tape adaptor for the hour ride home. Anyhow, if you run into this problem it loads the playlist into iTunes, not directly onto your iPod, you must drag it over. This could be because of the new iPod software that came out. But now it works fine. Its easy enough to use, and I'm getting a good signal off my home radio.

Ps: The Apple guys at my store were baffled by the iTrip. I wowed them over with my random knowledge of its inner workings. Thanks MacNN and iPodlounge.com!

dean0

i'm really wanna get mine soon. thanks for the heads-up on getting them quicker from the apple online store, but since i'm in Canada, the canada apple online store still doesn't have them in stock.

REALLY wanna get this for the long weekend. i'd love to be the DJ for the deck party without having to run in and fiddle with an ipod hooked up to the sound system.

Apotheos

I ordered mine today from MacWarehouse Canada. $49.99 CDN is right on par with the MSRP. Of course, it's $12 to get it to me. Seems a bit steep...

Anyway, they said backordered until May 31. They are getting a shipment of 30 units, already have orders for 27.

Interested Canadians would be advised to get on that.

dean0

might have better luck just waiting for mine from griffen then, ordered it in february, so i should be getting closer to the start of the line

Apotheos

dean0 said:
might have better luck just waiting for mine from griffen then, ordered it in february, so i should be getting closer to the start of the line
How much is Griffin charging to ship to Canadia?