iTrip Email Conformation

DigitalMac

I ordered a iTrip from Griffin Technology 4 days ago, or atleast tried.

I didn't get a order conformation email after I ordered, so I wondered if I really did order it.

Did you guys get an order conformation email after you ordered?

dean0

i ordered when they were doing pre-orders, so i got a email stating that i would recieve a confirmation when it shipped.

i still haven't recieved my shipping confirmation, so i'm guessing it hasn't shipped.

i ordered mine in february, so you may have to wait awhile until you get yours

TimB

DigitalMac said:
I ordered a iTrip from Griffin Technology 4 days ago, or atleast tried.

I didn't get a order conformation email after I ordered, so I wondered if I really did order it.

Did you guys get an order conformation email after you ordered?
I did when I ordered about a week ago.

-=Tim=-

mrkablooey

I got a confirmation email. Then another email telling me it'd be 10-14 days. I cancelled the order, ordered from apple.com, and got it today.

Works well. :)

iped

hi ya'll
Itrippin

I ordered on March 23rd... this is the email I got a few days ago when I emailed GTech....

Hello,

Thanks for ordering the new iTrip. We are curently experienceing a backorder
status with the itrip due to the large amount of pre-orders that we have
received for this product. Some of the pre-orders are several months old and
so we are going to honor those folks who have been patiently waiting for
their orders by shipping to them first.
The standard protocol for shipping iTrips will be to send out the oldest
pre-orders first. The expediency to which we can get to your order will
depend upon when the order was received and the availability of our
inventory. Our inventory should allow us to be all caught up with current
orders within 2 to 3 weeks.
Please be patient with us as there are many orders to fill.
We here at Griffin will work as hard as we can to get
your orders to you. We value your interest and appreciate your patience.

Jack Cornett

Tech Support
Griffin Technology

so, I guess that's that.

mrkablooey

Re: Itrippin

iped said:
I ordered on March 23rd... this is the email I got a few days ago when I emailed GTech....
When I got the same response, I ordered from Apple on a Monday evening, chose 2 day FedEx, and got it Friday (it shipped Wednesday) :D

It works quite nicely.

Jester

Re: Re: Itrippin

mrkablooey said:
When I got the same response, I ordered from Apple on a Monday evening, chose 2 day FedEx, and got it Friday (it shipped Wednesday) :D

It works quite nicely.
Are you using it on the new iPod or an older generation iPod?

Jester

Re: Re: Re: Re: Itrippin

mrkablooey said:
Generation 2 10GB touchpad.
Thanks for the response. I went and looked at the Griffin web site and saw that the new models are not released yet. :(

djducat

for what it is worth, I had one on back order with Griffin. I went to apple.com on Tuesday, ordered it, and had it by Saturday (today). Apple seems to have the inventory that Griffin does not have.

Time to go iTrippin!

Jester

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Itrippin

mrkablooey said:
they told me about 8 weeks.
Man I can't wait. The current setup is not the best (Belkin). It works ok but nothing to write home about. The signal is not strong enough to cancel/over ride other stations that bleed into the channel.

Magic Randy

Looks like Griffin is not playing fair with pre-orders.

Some of us ordered months ago, and our pre-orders are still backordered, while you can go to Apple and get it shipped same day.

So....

Griffin shipped an inventory to Apple before it processed pre-orders....

So.....

Next time do not place pre-orders with Griffin, just wait until the product comes out.

Just my suggestion.

Randy

dean0

could be that apple made a big order when the product was first announced, so they would technically be before all of us in the orders. i would think they would want to keep big daddy apple happy, they most likely took more off of griffen than all of the pre-orders combined.

Jester

dean0 said:
could be that apple made a big order when the product was first announced, so they would technically be before all of us in the orders. i would think they would want to keep big daddy apple happy, they most likely took more off of griffen than all of the pre-orders combined.
I would agree with that statement. My bet is that Apple sends pre-release units to Griffin for testing. Which in turn would allow them to que up first.