It says update complete but nothing in shuffle

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

setty122

Everything seems to work. I plug it into the USB port in the back of my computer, iTunes pops up, and after a few seconds, it says "iPod update is complete". All the songs in my library should be in my ipod shuffle now, right? Well, when i turn it on and try to listen, i don't hear anything. I looked in the user guide and tried to download my songs manually but that didn't help either. I'm not sure what the problem is and any advice would be great.

This is my first time posting in this forum, so sorry if i make any newbie mistakes.

skruggie

Did you use the autofill feature or are you drag & dropping your playlist to the shuffle?

The shuffle doesn't sync the same way regular ipods to, you have to tell it exactly what you want it to do. My suggestion would be to pick the playlist from the dropdown in the autofill box, and then upload your music that way.

setty122

To LukeA:
Yes, i made sure the volume was turned up. While trying to listen, i continuously pressed the plus button so that i was sure it would be loud enough.

To skruggie:
I've already tried that. After setting "Autofill from" to my library, I pressed the Autofill button at the bottom of the screen. I still ended up with the same results.

Any other suggestions?

latest_convert

Do you have any songs listed in itunes under the 'shuffle' folder?

ie when you click on 'shuffle' in the left pane in itunes, the right pane should show a list of all the songs that are loaded onto the shuffle

Also, and this sounds a bit insulting, are you pressing the play button correctly? So the little green light lights up?

skruggie

when you tried to to the autofill, did you just ask it to fill from your library in general, or from a specific playlist? If you haven't already tried it, try using a playlist and see what happens.