Is there a CD pLayer that, when shut down, will restart where it left off?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dehirsch1924

I am addicted to books on tape> However most recorded books are now coming out on CD. When one shuts down a tape player and then restarts it, the book picks up where it left off. When one shuts down the average CD player and restarts it, the book starts at the beginning of that CD and it is necessary to search through the whole thing to find where you were.:cool:

Is there a CD player made that will restart at the point it was shut down? I know it is possible because the CD player in my automobile does just that; when I turn it back on after it was shut down, it restarts at the point where it was shut down.

tecweston

Get a $20 mp3 player from Target and a subscription to Audible.com.

Sparkee

Since you are posting here I would assume you already have an iPod which supports Audible books and second the Audible subscription. Audiobooks can also be purchased through iTunes although they are more expensive. Audible will also maintain your library allowing you to re-download and upgrade to higher quality files when updated free of charge. The $15 a month Gold plan will get you one free credit and the $23 Platinum plan will get you 2 credits plus lower membership book prices.

dehirsch1924

CD Player

The reason I want a CD player is that our library has a lot of good books on CD and they are free to use. A book is not like music. With good music, I want to keep it and listen often. With a book, I am seldom interested in reading it again. It is a waste money to buy for one time use. So, again, is there a CD player that will restart at the point they are shut down?:

tecweston

The reason I want a CD player is that our library has a lot of good books on CD and they are free to use. A book is not like music. With good music, I want to keep it and listen often. With a book, I am seldom interested in reading it again. It is a waste money to buy for one time use. So, again, is there a CD player that will restart at the point they are shut down?:
I'm sure most CD players will do that, just look for something like "auto-resume" on the side of the box. The CD player I had in high school back in the late 90s had auto-resume.

Universal

Not all CD players remember or forget where you left off

Of course we all still need CD players to listen to recorded books from the library. Unfortunately, not all CD players remember where you were when you turned them off. It is a feature that is haphazardly applied by the mfr.

Some Sony and some Panasonic players have this feature. None of the cheap, generic CD players seem to have it.

cjmnews

Staff member
I'm sure the posters of 6 years ago really appreciate getting an update that is similar to previous answers.

And you really don't need a CD player for audio books on CD, you can import them into iTunes and have it remember where you left off. Listening on your computer or on your iPod, or iPhone. Even switching between devices.