ipod won't sync or download songs

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

runnergirl80s

My ipod will not

1. Sync (ipod is not downloading the new songs I have downloaded into my itunes from the itunes store)

2. Will not restore to it's factory settings. This message always appears when I try....
"The ipod "runnergirl80's ipod" cannot be restored because it contains files that are in use by another application"

3. Will not eject properly. There is only one way that works. I have to go to my computer, right click on "runnergirl80's IPOD" on H drive. Then click on eject. This message appears......
'runnergirl80's ipod (H: )' is currently in use
save any open files on this disc then close the files or programs using the files before trying again. If you choose to continue, the files will close, which may cause data to be lost.

This problem started when my laptop crashed. My laptop was restored and I downloaded itunes again. I entered my account information and had to register another computer even though I am using the same laptop (itunes thought my restored laptop was a new computer). Then I was able to transfer the music from my ipod into my itunes library. Right now I have 2 computers registered to my account even though technically I have only one laptop....my laptop was just restored after it crashed.

I don't know why these messages appear, what they mean, etc. My files are not being used elsewhere and nothing else is open when I try to eject or restore my ipod to it's factory settings.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my ipod slightly over a year ago. It is a 4G.

UPDATE:
I was able to sync my IPOD. I had to manually sync my ipod in order to download the new songs I had purchased from itunes into my ipod. I do not know why it isn't doing it automatically.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351

Last edited: