iPod(windows) with Sony Car Adapter

lorddraco98

Had a quick question. A lot of my friends use the Sony tape adapter for their car to play their portable CD players through the car. It's a tape that you put in the tape player in the car, then connect a cable to the headphones jack of the CD player. Will this work with my iPod as well??

noelty

lorddraco98 said:
Had a quick question. A lot of my friends use the Sony tape adapter for their car to play their portable CD players through the car. It's a tape that you put in the tape player in the car, then connect a cable to the headphones jack of the CD player. Will this work with my iPod as well??
I purchased a caseete adapter from Radio Shacka nd it works just fine. THe volume on my iPod needs to be set at about halfg way and then the volume on my car stereo functions normally from there. I also got a cell phone holder from Radio Shack which mounts in the air conditioning duct. It fits the iPod perfectly and positions it perfectly and holds it snuggly....

rc625

I got the Sony Cassette adapter also and it does not work for me. Volume all the way up on ipod and car and I can still hardly hear it. I am using the headphone jack though. Are you guys using the line out from the base? Thanks.

digitaljosh

The cassette adapter apparently doesn't work in newer domestic cars (particularly Chrysler). The factory stereos in these cars seem to use a different size tape head or something.

It's not an issue of the iPod at all, it's an issue with the stereo. I found this link while I was looking for the solution to my problem:

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Recoton_Cassette_Adapter.html

Temporarily, I'm using an FM transmitter which works ok.