iPhone X battery draining quickly while switched off

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

paulschofield76

A little while ago I replaced my iPhone X as my primary phone, but I still occasionally use it.

Most of the time its now switched off but I've noticed that a fully charged battery will be around 50% after a few days.

Is this normal if it's switched off the whole time? The battery health is 97% and I didn't notice any problems using it before.

Thanks

cjmnews

Staff member
I use mine all the time so I can't leave my iPhone X switched off for a few days.

When you say off, you mean that you slide the power off slider and left the phone lying around? If so this could be worrisome.

If you mean, that you turn off the screen and let it sit there, yes this is expected to be at 50% after a few days. (Checking for updates, maintaining GPS location, maintaining cellular connection, maintaining WiFi connection, checking for new messages, mail, looking for Bluetooth connections etc.)

paulschofield76

It's the same with me, when using it I couldn't notice anything wrong.

It's completely off, turned off with the slider.

I've had it on charge tonight and just switched it off at 99%. I'll see what it's at this time tomorrow.

paulschofield76

I've just checked it and it was at 93%.

So in 24 hours it lost 6% on the battery while turned off. That seems a bit fast to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjmnews

Staff member
That seems high to me for an off phone too. I suppose it could take 6% of the battery to shut it down and bring it back up. There is a log of encryption/decryption happening at those times. Charge to 100%, power down, power up, how much is it down by?

paulschofield76

I just turned it back on - 87%

Off and on again - 92%

Its on charge now to bring it to full.

cjmnews

Staff member
It went up with the power cycle? That is weird. Almost like the battery capacity is an estimate not actual measurement.

paulschofield76

It went from 93 to 87 to 92 over two cycles. It makes me wonder if this is somehow bring affected by the lack of use.

cjmnews

Staff member
I remember reading somewhere that it is an estimate. Which means it is inaccurate, and your numbers show that as well.

JoanneWillian

I think that's a common question. My experience is when I charge full 100% for my iPhone and turn the airplane and go to sleep. But when I check the battery after I waked up, 60% left. Don't know how to fix it. Is Anybody have this happen in iPhone or iPad generations?

paulschofield76

I remember reading somewhere that it is an estimate. Which means it is inaccurate, and your numbers show that as well.

I remember that now you mention it.

I only asked because when it was my primary phone I'd reboot it around once a week and the biggest battery drop I'd see was 1%.