iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

djjasman

Admin, If this can be made into a sticky that would be great since I dont know how.

Now that I have had a weekend of testing the iPhone out I have found a couple of bugs:

1. When taking a snap-shot from the contact-edit page to display a picture the contacts app crashes and I end up at the Home screen. This is not the case when I take a picture using the picture widget and then select the picture from the contact-edit page.
2. If you are successful in taking a picture and applying it to your contact the picture does not appear in your picture library. So if remove the contact picture you lose your picture.
3. A couple of safari crahses, especially when using the edge network.
4. Not a bug, but no way to save pictures from safari or email which sucks.
5. The calendar widget displays the current date and day of week which is good but the Weather widget does not display the current temperature from your selected city.

If you got more add them here.
Thanks
- Jorge

Mattk11

Can't figure out how to set song from itunes as ringer.

IMAP email does not work. I have tried every combination.

When typing email or text message, I wish you could turn the iphone sideways so that the letters were further apart. I tend to fat finger letters and numbers a lot.

monkeysrock0622

djjasman said:
5. The calendar widget displays the current date and day of week which is good but the Weather widget does not display the current temperature from your selected city.

If you got more add them here.
Thanks
- Jorge
actually it does display the current temp for the city, its the big number at the top of the display, its not the high or low or w/e

Ketsuo

When the iPhone is really hot from browsing or doing any energy comsuming activity, it sometimes freezes.

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.

emmcubed

Ketsuo said:
When the iPhone is really hot from browsing or doing any energy comsuming activity, it sometimes freezes.

When the iPhone is really hot and you reset it, it freezes on the apple logo. I found out that you should then reset it again and let the phone cool down before turning it back on.
Wow. I have to let my mobile phone 'cool down'? That's really inconvenient.

Cleverboy

I've been having SYNC problems. It gets about 10 minutes into a SYNC operation, and it crashes. iTunes gives me 5-7 "Device Timeout" messages, before just sitting there. Checking the iPhone, I need to "cancel" the sync, and going to the iPod, it sits there still saying "Cancelling Sync", until I unplug the phone entirely.

I've restored my iPhone's firmware with no luck. Up until I restore however, the images on my iPhone's "Coverflow" were all mixedup... not properly matched with the right album, etc. After several syncs, it had almost everything in my library, but with mixed up album art.

After the restore, the syncing hasn't been complete, but now at least the album art is correct. It's been a real irritation. I imagine that if I were on a Mac, I wouldn't be seeing this. Instead I'm on Windows XP and I've gotten nothing but grief. I thought depriving me of diskmode and drag-and-drop was supposed to spare me these headaches. As it stands, I simply want to ADD ONE SONG to my iPhone... I can't... I need to sync everything, or risk having the sync process REMOVE things I've "unchecked".

PAIN IN THE BUTT.

Other than that I'm really happy though... if that makes any sense.

~ CB

djjasman

Correction on the Widget Calendar and Weather issue

I guess I wasnt clear on my explanation of the Widget Calendar and Weather issue.
Both the Weather and Calendar widgets work great when you activate them.
What I was refering to in my first post was the widgets as they appear in the iPhone's menu. If you look at the iPhone's widget from the menu each has an icon that identifies what the widget is. Well, the Calendar's icon is dynamic, which is to say it changes to illustrate the current date. The Weather's icon is not dynamic and therefor it does not illustrate the current Temperature of your selected City on the icon itself.

Again, not a bug, per say, but something else to say WOW about if they had included that feature for the Weather Widget.

riddlemd

djjasman said:
I guess I wasnt clear on my explanation of the Widget Calendar and Weather issue.
Both the Weather and Calendar widgets work great when you activate them.
What I was refering to in my first post was the widgets as they appear in the iPhone's menu. If you look at the iPhone's widget from the menu each has an icon that identifies what the widget is. Well, the Calendar's icon is dynamic, which is to say it changes to illustrate the current date. The Weather's icon is not dynamic and therefor it does not illustrate the current Temperature of your selected City on the icon itself.

Again, not a bug, per say, but something else to say WOW about if they had included that feature for the Weather Widget.
Ya that would be a sweet feature... They should have done that ;p...

wcbiii

Paused Video Freezes Device

Wondering if any other users have experienced this problem. While viewing a video through the iPod, the device freezes up when playback is paused and sleep mode activates. This has happened to me twice in the last couple of days. I had to reset the iPhone to resume use.

Sarlacc

Ive been using mine extensively since I got it on Friday.

It locked up on me once, the day I got it. No biggie, hasnt happened again.

Safari tends to crash.

I am having a problem with the volume on calls using the speaker portion of the iPhone. Using the earbuds helps a little but the volume is still way to low. Others are having the same problem as posted on this thread "iPhone volume is too low" at Apple discussions as I am having. I called tech support (1-800-MY-iPhone or 694-7466) and he logged the complaint for the technicians so that it can be corrected via a firmware upgrade.

Using the speaker with the iPod portion of the iPhone works and I can hear the sound just fine. It's only happening on calls. So far this is the only problem I've found but haven't finished testing things out fully as of yet.

Another problem is with 'Mail'. There isn't any way to mass delete numerous emails at once or set the 'Show' section under 'Mail' so you can only view recent emails from a certain date and fewer amounts under 25. All of my old emails are on my iPhone and I don't need them being transferred to the iPhone. I only want the current ones to be transferred. It would be nice to have more mail sorting options.

As an added note don't forget to give Apple feedback on the iPhone so some of these issues can be fixed with the next firmware update.

Edit: Resetting the iPhone helped to increase the volume on calls. It is an improvement but it still could stand to be increased a bit more.

Last edited:

ManuteBol

Aside from the 40 hour wait to activate my iPhone (finally got it working last Sunday) it has been glitch-free...up until today. I switch between the many features of the phone very frequently, from SMS to Safari to Mail to Camera to Photos to Google Maps in a matter of a few minutes. I love this thing!

However, I noticed today that my phone got a bit "slower". The slider bar was very choppy. The phone was "reluctant" to change the orientation of my pictures and internet browser, and when it did, it too was very choppy. There was a delay when I input my passcode. I started getting a bit worried. Then the phone started acting even stranger. It would constantly return to the main "widgets" screen within 1-2 minutes of activating a feature. I'd listen to a song, then it would cut off and go to the main screen. Google maps would load, then again it would crash and go back to the main screen. Same thing for Safari; load a website, it crashes, and return to main screen. Its only been 5 days and already my iPhone got glitchy.

I then realized that I didn't turn the phone off for about 48 hours. Without powering off, I would charge it and go to sleep, or charge it in my car during my commute. I didn't know how to reset the thing when it got glitchy, so I just turned it off for 1 minute. I turned it back on, and voila...it was good as new. Slider bar was smooth, everything again ran perfectly. So, every now and then I "power off" the phone to keep it running smoothly.

I don't know how to explain this problem, has anyone else run into a similar situation?

cpivot

Mac Daddy
well, mine just froze up and wont do anything, wont turn off so I can restart it it just sits there with the backlight on?????? I hope it dies so I can hopefully hook it up to the wall and it turns back on, wish me luck.........

cpivot

Mac Daddy
cpivot said:
well, mine just froze up and wont do anything, wont turn off so I can restart it it just sits there with the backlight on?????? I hope it dies so I can hopefully hook it up to the wall and it turns back on, wish me luck.........
OK, it sat on my nightstand last night unplugged so it would die, and when I woke up this morning it was off (The power drained) it said please charge or something like that, so it was working, I plugged it in and BOOM I was back again! :D

I think it was my fault it froze up though, I was laying on the floor waiting for my PC to back up all my files onto DVD's because I ordered a iMac (and its ALOT of files) so I was like OK Im going to browse the internet via the iPhone, and I think I fell asleep with my finger on the screen and the iPhone was like what do you want me to do, and since I didnt do anything but lay there and hold the screen the iPhone got confused and said ohwell, Im confused so now you will be, lol. :p

So, not a big deal, its good now.

scramble

1.PDF I tried did not display correctly, only images displayed but pages with text were blank.
2.Birthday date for one of the contacts I imported from Vista contacts was off by one day when synced to iphone.
3.I have an audiobook that is 13 hours long - it is impossible to position playback to exact moment you want, it seems like you can move in 12-15 minutes chunks.
4.Got stupid error message that iphone is unable to connect to EDGE network altough I was on my home wifi already

Neo8234

Bugs:
1) Google Maps - When you have a route planned and you go to another application (say a call comes in or you start a song on your iPod) and then come back to Google Maps, the program always displays the route overview instead of remembering which view you were on last time. So if you're on the 15th turn in your directions, you'll have to click through all the previous 14 turns again if you ever leave the google maps app.

Features that must be fixed/added:
1) SMS text message, there must be an ability to send to more than one person.
2) MMS messaging needs to be added.
3) Ability to rotate the screen sideways to type in any program.
4) Faster way to go directly to a random contact in your list. One good way to fix this would be to pop up a keyboard if you hit the contacts list button twice and allow you to start typing the person's name.
5) safari crashes
6) Speakerphone volume. When playing music out loud, the volume is acceptable. Basically they just need to amplify the volume of the phone call audio before putting it to the speakers.
7) Ear volume... Phone calls in general are too quiet at the loudest setting. If i'm in a noise-filled bar or something, I can't hear what the person is saying to me.

Apps I would like to see:
1) Gmail application made by google... similar to their java-based apps on other phones. Gmail is worthless over POP3. I'm pretty sure Google will be bringing this out in the next few weeks though.
2) Flash. Lots of pages (MLB team websites) are very useless without Flash. I imagine Adobe would want to deliver this though and I understand that it may take a little time to develop a mobile version.

Those are my biggest gripes thus far, fortunately all software/firmware fixable issues.

Last edited:

flavor4real

Bluetooh for Vehicle Head Unit

I thought and I WAS LOOKING forward to the IPhone with bluetooth capability to stream/play your audio files to a vehicle stereo headunit like one that pioneer or kenwood has.

I think the NEW IPod will have this function so we have to wait for that

ZOOM !!!! and PIXEL !!! Add zoom to it and maek it a 3-4 megapixel camera,.. that would be nice since many people likeme use their CELLPHONE to make pictures in simplest locations. Just when u talk to ur friend on the phone and u see something that u want to share with high details ... u know
BE MORE UNIQUE and put a locator in GPS ;) but that is something called no real need "yet"

FLASH/SHOCKWAVE is a must for like webdesinger who send each other infos/ quick ideas...

This IPhone is the best just add a few more feature PLEASE