iPhone Bugs/Glitches/Lack there off - Post Here

73degrees

oooOOOooo thank you. I have clicked that but didn't look closely. I thought it was just the contact info. Okay, no complaints.

ChuckAmuck

I don't know if this is a glitch, and I posted an individual thread about it, but my iPhone has a terrible buzzing sound all throughout my phone calls.

deftdrummer1

The power that be.
Is anyone else suffering the blast of volume with v1.1.1. update through earphones when track changing? The old firmware didn't do this and it is really annoying. What I mean is, if you track next using the ear buds you get a very very quick blast of ultra high "music" and then the next song starts playing. It makes me dread going to the next track, which isn't something I should do by any means.

ChuckAmuck

Sometimes, after I sync, my iPhone resets to an incorrect time and date and the email stops working. Powering off the iPhone and then back on has always fixed this for me, though. It's happened about four or five times so far.

kloan

SSMoy
ChuckAmuck said:
I don't know if this is a glitch, and I posted an individual thread about it, but my iPhone has a terrible buzzing sound all throughout my phone calls.
Sounds like the backlight isn't going off or is causing interference. I had a phone with a glitchy backlight, wouldn't go off when it was supposed to during calls and it would cause a lot of interference noise.

ChuckAmuck

kloan said:
Sounds like the backlight isn't going off or is causing interference. I had a phone with a glitchy backlight, wouldn't go off when it was supposed to during calls and it would cause a lot of interference noise.
The backlight does go off. But now I've noticed that the buzzing isn't there sometimes, so I guess it's just a lot of interference where I live.

tulsagentleman

Geriatric Lounger
Yahoo Email Unsent From iPhone

Yahoo Email Unsent
I use Yahoo for my email. New messages are received on iPhone just fine but when I try to reply or send a new message my message is unsent. As in, after I click "send" the original message appears as if nothing has happened, then I have a small note at the bottom that I have n+1 unsent messages. There seems to be no way to display or resend an unsent message. What am I doing wrong?

bwfc123

tulsagentleman said:
Yahoo Email Unsent
I use Yahoo for my email. New messages are received on iPhone just fine but when I try to reply or send a new message my message is unsent. As in, after I click "send" the original message appears as if nothing has happened, then I have a small note at the bottom that I have n+1 unsent messages. There seems to be no way to display or resend an unsent message. What am I doing wrong?
After struggling with Gmail I switched to Yahoo! I could never get it to work consistently. Deleting the mail account and re-entering it fixed it temporarily but that's it. I switched to Fastmail on the 20$/year plan and it works great with file storage as a bonus. The only issue I occasionally have is sending photos, which I think is an iPhone glitch. If I send a photo then go on to other applications immeditately it seems to fail to send occasionally.

A separate issue i've encountered a handful of times is when I put the phone on standby while listening to the iPod and if I take it out of standby a couple seconds after that (I have my ADD moments) it slows to a deathly crawl and the slidebar is unresponsive, but usually functional after a couple tries. The music/podcast will continure playing but the interface is so slow and unresponsive I have to reset it. I didn't know about the two button reset so I'm happy to learn about that. Trying to to manipulate the red slider without any visual change was really annoying.

I think as a general rule trying to multitask/switch between apps at breakneck speed will get you into trouble.

charlymc

1) can u change the icons in the bottom four icons?
2) any word on whether they'll make the text keyboard like the safari keyboard for sideways texting, a la the sidekick?

Last edited:

lett1986

I have been having the same problem; while listening to music the iphone would click out in the middle of a song. I also had it happen while on safari, but I noticed the back panel was heating up as well. I have already returned an iphone for another glitch - with the top icons on working, and now this. I have totally shut it down...which I have to admit, I don't ever do! Hopefully this will work. But with all that in mind, the IPHONE is a phenomenal piece of technology and I really like it. I do find it limited on web videos and I have a hard time typing on the touch pad.

Starboard

When I reboot the phone, it forgets all the playcounts since the last sync. This probably isn't a bug, but how it was meant to work. It's annoying though, since I have my podcast to sync up only ones that I haven't listened to, so it should automatically clear out one that I have already played through.

Smithy101

Anyone seen to where the cover flow for different artists want to show up under one image, but when you listing to it change to normal view and it shows current?

Any Real Suggestions other than like putting a space after the album name?

:confused:

Thanks...

s_moneh

after recently updating/restoring my phone to 1.1.1 and unlocking it i've had nothing but problems with it, sometimes i'm in a aplication, doens't matter wat it is, 3rd party or stock, it sometimes just shuts itself off, takes me back to home screen, then wen i got back it goes to a blank screen then back to my home screen, and it does that about 3 times, then if i try one more time it will freeze and in the middle it will show that loading circle, then restart and i have to slide to unlock again then it begins to function properly until it closes it self down then i have to repeat what i jsut explained, anybody got any ideas as to what could be causing this?

FPUNTO98

Hi...I have the exact same problem....but is the same thing exactly as you describe it!!!!! My phone start having these problems after one day of installing a lot of applications from "instaler" icon and then the same problem begins over and over it doesnt matter the application either your on SMS or IPOD MUSIC or calendar it doesnt matter....what we can do?????!!!!!!

s_moneh

glad i'm not the only one but still having the problem i am currently restoring troubleshooting and stuff with programs and nothing working any ideas?

vinylkiller

taking landscape pics sometmes come out wrong way round for example
pic 1 landscape

pic 2 portrait

both pics the cam icon is in landscape mode very frustraiting as when u view them on your phone in cam roll mode only pic 1 is landscape mode and pic 2 is in landscape form but only viewable in portraitt form give it a go and see what i mean.

jbiz116

broken iphone

make a long story short. i have an unlocked iphone with some third party programs instaledd..nothing too crazy.... after a couple of weeks the phone does not work. the screen is completley frozen. the only thing i can do with the phone is turn it on and off. obviously i voided warranty so whats there to do.how can i reset the phone back to its original settings. thank you