iPhone 7 Global Exchange Server Email- Stumped

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

viper69

I'm coming from an Android phone, where all I had to do to search through a company's global email exchange was open the phone's email app and type in some characters in the To: field.

However, with an iPhone 7 running iOS 12.0.1 this features seems not to exist at all.

Rather the only way to see Global Exchange email addresses is to open a new email, click on the blue plus sign, and navigate to Global Exchange, click on that, and then enter a person's name, and the software finds it.

There's no listing of the emails addresses.

Is this the case for iPhones, using some cumbersome archaic method, OR am I completely missing something???

cjmnews

Staff member
For me, I can type their first and last name, wait 5-10 seconds and it shows me possible matches, select the match.

Now of course this does not work well when Bill is listed as William in the email database.

Since we use the native Apple mail app, we are kind of stuck with this slow and awkward addressing, especially for large companies.

You can always set the Default account in Contacts to "Corporate Email" (text will vary), instead of "On My iPhone" to help get the searches to look at corporate first. I didn't like doing this as voice recognition for calls, I typically wanted family not co-workers and changing this setting made the name recognition worse.

Now that Apple has broken Bluetooth, Siri and Voice Control with my car, it doesn't matter anymore. I am turning off voice control altogether now. Siri has always been disabled.

viper69

For me, I can type their first and last name, wait 5-10 seconds and it shows me possible matches, select the match.

Now of course this does not work well when Bill is listed as William in the email database.

Since we use the native Apple mail app, we are kind of stuck with this slow and awkward addressing, especially for large companies.

You can always set the Default account in Contacts to "Corporate Email" (text will vary), instead of "On My iPhone" to help get the searches to look at corporate first. I didn't like doing this as voice recognition for calls, I typically wanted family not co-workers and changing this setting made the name recognition worse.

Now that Apple has broken Bluetooth, Siri and Voice Control with my car, it doesn't matter anymore. I am turning off voice control altogether now. Siri has always been disabled.
Hey CJ!

I had a feeling this was the case. In the Android world this is not something one needs to deal with.

I don't understand why some things get left behind and not improved. This NEEDS improvement.

Also, my corp email folder has many sub directories...Is there a way to collapse them? OR, does Apple always keep them "treed" out?

cjmnews

Staff member
I would guess if you are seeing them treed out, that is how Apple does it.